Highland County Drug Abuse Prevention Coalition to discuss proposed amendment on less prison, more treatment
Greenfield school board goes ‘paperless’
More auction items added for March 28 radio-telethon
Wilkin ‘optimistic’ on Rocky Fork Lake grant after Justice Department meeting
Habitat seeks applicants
- Highland County Drug Abuse Prevention Coalition to discuss proposed amendment on less prison, more treatment - 6:12 pm
- Greenfield school board goes ‘paperless’ - 5:59 pm
- More auction items added for March 28 radio-telethon - 3:47 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 12:35 pm
- Wilkin ‘optimistic’ on Rocky Fork Lake grant after Justice Department meeting - 8:13 pm
- Habitat seeks applicants - 6:44 pm
- More light on old postcard: A moved home and a distant relative - 6:27 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 1:57 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:55 pm
- Greenfield man indicted for aggravated vehicular homicide - 12:17 pm
- Pickled pigs, cheap cars and a jar of ammonia - 6:01 am
- Tyne Morgan ‘phenomenal’ at ‘Ag is Everyone’s Business’ event in Hillsboro - 5:59 pm updated: 6:04 pm.
- Minor injuries in rollover near Rainsboro - 4:29 pm
- Greenfield OKs open carry for school safety director - 2:58 pm updated: 4:24 pm.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 11:29 am
- Big crowd for safety forum - 9:58 pm
- Highland County jury finds Eastgate man guilty of burglary - 8:27 pm
- Students walk out of Highland County schools - 8:16 pm
- Buford Park getting a facelift - 5:25 pm updated: 12:59 pm.
- Fire destroys Coss Road home - 2:51 pm
- Helping Ohio River flood victims - 6:51 pm
- HUBA, YMCA team up for Easter events - 5:20 pm updated: 5:25 pm.
- Some local students reportedly part of walkouts protesting gun violence - 4:24 pm updated: 4:36 pm.
- Health department gets grant to fix household sewage systems - 4:03 pm
- Wilkin to meet Monday with DOJ officials on RFL grant - 3:33 pm updated: 3:35 pm.
Greenfield man indicted for aggravated vehicular homicide
A Greenfield man was indicted in Ross County last week for aggravated vehicular homicide and other felony traffic charges in relation to a fatal accid...
Pickled pigs, cheap cars and a jar of ammonia
As The Times-Gazette celebrates its 200th anniversary, we’ll take a look back each Saturday at some of the important, interesting or even odd ev...
Tyne Morgan ‘phenomenal’ at ‘Ag is Everyone’s Business’ event in Hillsboro
Nearly 400 people gathered Friday morning at Southern State Community College in Hillsboro to hear from Tyne Morgan, host of the U.S. Farm Report on R...
Minor injuries in rollover near Rainsboro
A man reportedly sustained minor injuries on Friday after his vehicle rolled onto its top on SR 753 at Sams Road near Rainsboro.Paint Creek Joint EMS/...
Greenfield OKs open carry for school safety director
The Greenfield Exempted Village School District will have at least two armed safety officers on site after the school board on Thursday unanimously ap...
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:March 12ARRESTS/CITATIONSDustin Pinkerton, 34, Washington Court House, was arr...
Having fun just reading the headlines
When it comes to reading newspapers, whether in print or online, a lot of people just scan the headlines, stopping only to read the occasional story.T...
Our View: A Sunshine Week reminder that the public’s right to government records is crucial
The week of March 11-17 is designated Sunshine Week, as declared since 2005 by the American Society of News Editors. The week is dedicated to remindin...
Searching for a retirement plan
In another 40 or 50 years, I am going to be able to afford to retire.When that day comes, I am going to walk out of the press box one final time, file...
Mutts Gone Nuts through downtown
Uma Rose, our great-niece, celebrated her sixth birthday this past week. Uma is a bright-eyed, smart little girl who enjoys little games and the playf...
The Rocky Fork Lake Catch-22 — you can’t win either way
What’s clear in regard to the stalled $844,000 Rocky Fork Lake grant is that one day out of the blue, officials with the Bureau of Justice Assis...
Best sports movies ever made
The Academy Awards are this Sunday and, perhaps not surprisingly, the most recent move I saw, “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle,” was not no...
McClain boys and girls track and field teams ready for continued success
The McClain boys track and field team, currently preparing for the upcoming season, has some big shoes to fill this year.Tristan Pitzer advanced to th...
McClain Tigers baseball looks to get back on track in 2018
Following a difficult 2017 season the McClain Tigers baseball team is looking to bounce back in 2018.The 2018 Tigers will have one senior as Kyle Wyat...
Sports briefs: Baseball and Softball signups March 25 at Shaffer Park
Baseball and Softball sign-ups March 25Baseball and Softball sign-ups will be Sunday, March 25, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Richard Shaffer Park. Both bo...
Ohio Prep Sportswriters Association releases All-Ohio girls basketball selections
The girls basketball All-Ohio teams were announced Monday and Tuesday by a statewide media panel.The teams were selected by members of the Ohio Prep S...
Local aunt and nephew, Sarah McKinney and Jason Butler, share love of racing on and off track
The Butler and McKinney families have been riding dirt bikes and ATVs for years and many members of the McKinney family have raced competitively. Now,...
Southern Hills Athletic Conference Winter Sports Awards announced
Boys Basketball All-SHACTanner Arey, Peebles; Eric McLaughlin, Lynchburg-Clay; Tucker Ayres, Fairfield; Damin Pierson, Lynchburg-Clay; Jamie Combs, Ma...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Good News hosts Regional Transition Expo
On Friday, March 16 the second annual Regional Transition Expo was held at the Good News Gathering Church located in Hillsboro. The Transition Expo wa...
YMCA hosts egg hunt
Highland County YMCA Executive Director Kelli Kiser is shown in one photograph preparing hot dogs during an Easter event sponsored by the Hillsboro Up...
Hillsboro H.S. class of 1983 planning 35-year reunion
The Hillsboro High School class of 1983 will hold its 35th class reunion Saturday, June 23 at the Hillsboro Elks Country Club. The evening will begin ...
Rhoads, Barr honored by OSBA
Two area school board members are among a select group honored by their peers this month. Beverly Rhoads of the Hillsboro City School Board was presen...
McClain FFA competes at Miami Trace Invitational
On March 10, 28 members of the McClain FFF Chapter attended the Miami Trace Invitational. The livestock team placed second overall. Members included E...