Foot chase ends with arrest at fairgrounds
Longtime firefighter, assistant chief David Lowell passes away at 70
Hillsboro City Council, Ward 1
‘Tentative compromise’ for Hillsboro Festival of the Bells
Fall Festival of Leaves
- Foot chase ends with arrest at fairgrounds - 5:44 pm
- Longtime firefighter, assistant chief David Lowell passes away at 70 - 3:44 pm
- Hillsboro City Council, Ward 1 - 8:07 am
- Comissioners declare Red Ribbon Week, OCC month - 6:56 pm
- ‘Tentative compromise’ for Hillsboro Festival of the Bells - 6:51 pm
- Fall Festival of Leaves - 6:45 pm
- Paint Creek board: ‘No position’ on Hillsboro contract vs. membership decision - 6:22 pm
- Commissioners hear about Highland County school drug survey - 6:07 pm
- Festival of the Bells ‘will probably cease’ if forced to move; nearly 50 attend meeting - 10:25 pm
- New Laurel Oaks dean at Greenfield board meeting - 8:52 pm
- Hillsboro City Council previews starting Thursday - 6:31 pm
- RFL grease fire extinguished, could have been worse - 6:27 pm
- Author of science fiction film lived in Greenfield - 7:10 pm
- Learning to relate to poverty focus of simulation - 5:41 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 4:42 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 4:42 pm
- Taste of Highland County, Hope for Highland Glow Run under perfect skies - 3:57 pm
- Temporary TG email account during maintenance - 11:37 am
- New Mowrystown acting chief already fired - 7:47 pm
- Highland County overdose rates seem to decline; less abuse, or more Narcan? - 5:59 pm
- Report: $35K stolen near Bainbridge - 4:48 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 2:25 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 2:23 pm
- Gourd and pine needle artist highlighted at library - 1:49 pm
- 27,781 registered to vote in county; councils, school boards, trustees on ballot - 1:41 pm
New Laurel Oaks dean at Greenfield board meeting
Two new programs at Laurel Oaks were introduced and several other topics were discussed during a regular meeting Monday evening of the Greenfield Exem...
Hillsboro City Council previews starting Thursday
The Times-Gazette The November ballot for Hillsboro City Council features contested races in all four wards and the at-large berths. The Times-...
RFL grease fire extinguished, could have been worse
By David Wright - email@example.com An apparent grease fire in the kitchen of a Cinderella Drive home in the Rocky Fork Lake area could...
Author of science fiction film lived in Greenfield
A movie written and directed by a one-time Greenfield resident will premier Saturday, Oct. 21 at the Murphy Theatre in Wilmington.“From Gettysbu...
Learning to relate to poverty focus of simulation
Educators, school staff and community leaders from Highland, Clinton, Adams, Brown and Fayette counties gathered Monday morning at the Hopewell Center...
Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports
Sheriff Donnie Barrera reports for the week of Oct. 9-15 the Highland County Sheriff’s Office received 314 911 calls, answered 153 requests for ...
At home down on the farm
For most of my life I was never much of an animal owner. It’s not that I don’t like animals, I really do. Maybe it’s because I was n...
Johnny Paycheck and Clinton County
Gary Abernathy’s recent article in The Times Gazette about the new television show detailing the wild life and times of country music star and G...
From Paycheck show, Rocky has a new official portrait
I enjoyed the Mike Judge show on Cinemax about Johnny Paycheck from the “Tales From the Tour Bus” series, even though it was riddled with ...
Maybe I’m just old-school
Maybe I’m just old-school. Maybe I’m completely politically incorrect. Maybe I’m just plain ignorant. Maybe I don’t care.Regar...
Our View: Council has big issues aside from the mayor’s tweets
Hillsboro City Council has some important issues to address before the end of the year. Among them is a decision on whether to join the Paint Creek fi...
Our View: Newspapers — A week to be reminded of their importance
October 1-7 is National Newspaper Week, a time to remember that even with all the technological advances in how people receive news and information, l...
HCA to host Crusader Classic Varsity Volleyball Tournament 10/21
Hillsboro Christian Academy Volleyball continues to build on their successful season. The Varsity team now has a record of 10-4, after starting the se...
Highland County sports briefs
Adena Sports Medicine Again Offers Saturday Athlete ClinicFor the 10th consecutive season, Adena Bone and Joint Center is again holding Saturday Morni...
Frontier Athletic Conference standings as of 10/8
The following are the Frontier Athletic Conference (FAC) standings in football, volleyball and soccer according to the the Chillicothe Gazette.FOOTBAL...
McClain hosts Washington in Greenfield lose 42-10
The Washington Blue Lions visited McClain High School Friday night for a renewal of one of the oldest high school sports rivalries in Ohio.The match-u...
Hillsboro host Jackson on Friday fall 28-6
Hillsboro hosted the Jackson Ironmen on Friday night in Frontier Athletic Conference (FAC) football action. The Indians lost by a final score of 28-6 ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
McClain HI-Y recognized
The McClain High School HI-Y is organized and met requirements for recognition as an HI-Y for the 2017-18 school year. Rachel Poynter is adviser to th...
Great Oaks Police Academy accepting recruits
Graduates of the Police Academy at Great Oaks Career Campuses are working in and running law enforcement agencies across southwestern Ohio. Hamilton C...
2017 Highland County Junior Fair results
The following are 2017 Highland County Junior Fair results as provided by the Highland County Extension Office:Showman of Showmen Beef – Bricen ...
McClain High School class of 1962 holds 55-year reunion
The McClain High School class of 1962 gathered on Sept. 30, 2017 for its 55-year reunion.Twenty-two classmates and their guests were treated to a tour...
2017 Highland County Junior Fair results
The following are 2017 Highland County Junior Fair results as submitted by the Highland County Extension Office:SHEEPDorsetEwe lamb under 1 year ̵...