Defendant in Larry’s Party Shop robbery case in court
Armintrout Building demolition scrutinized
Highland County Commissioners talk revenue loss, RFL grant
Scott, Doleac to perform at 2018 Hillsboro Festival of the Bells
Board talks student safety
- Defendant in Larry’s Party Shop robbery case in court - 8:35 pm
- Armintrout Building demolition scrutinized - 8:05 pm updated: 8:11 pm.
- Highland County Commissioners talk revenue loss, RFL grant - 6:28 pm updated: 7:22 pm.
- Torch passed on Highland County Board of DD - 4:41 pm
- Group: Speaker hasn’t done enough on Seitz - 11:51 am
- Ohio Right to Life endorses both Wilkin and Ellis - 11:25 am
- Scott, Doleac to perform at 2018 Hillsboro Festival of the Bells - 11:14 am updated: 7:52 pm.
- Board talks student safety - 7:29 pm updated: 12:22 pm.
- Highland County Drug Abuse Prevention Coalition to discuss proposed amendment on less prison, more treatment - 6:12 pm
- Greenfield school board goes ‘paperless’ - 5:59 pm updated: 7:35 pm.
- More auction items added for March 28 radio-telethon - 3:47 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 12:35 pm
- Wilkin ‘optimistic’ on Rocky Fork Lake grant after Justice Department meeting - 8:13 pm
- Habitat seeks applicants - 6:44 pm
- More light on old postcard: A moved home and a distant relative - 6:27 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 1:57 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:55 pm
- Greenfield man indicted for aggravated vehicular homicide - 12:17 pm
- Pickled pigs, cheap cars and a jar of ammonia - 6:01 am
- Tyne Morgan ‘phenomenal’ at ‘Ag is Everyone’s Business’ event in Hillsboro - 5:59 pm updated: 6:04 pm.
- Minor injuries in rollover near Rainsboro - 4:29 pm
- Greenfield OKs open carry for school safety director - 2:58 pm updated: 4:24 pm.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 11:29 am
- Big crowd for safety forum - 9:58 pm
- Highland County jury finds Eastgate man guilty of burglary - 8:27 pm
Greenfield school board goes ‘paperless’
Greenfield school board members can now more easily and efficiently access ongoing policy changes thanks to a link established for that purpose.Accord...
More auction items added for March 28 radio-telethon
Three additional auction items have been donated to the Hillsboro Rotary Club’s 46th Annual Ernie Blankenship Memorial Radio-Telethon to be held...
Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports
Sheriff Donnie Barrera reports for the week of March 12-18, the Highland County Sheriff’s Office received 320 911 calls, answered 182 requests f...
Wilkin ‘optimistic’ on Rocky Fork Lake grant after Justice Department meeting
Nine Department of Justice grant officials gathered in a DOJ office room in Washington Monday with Highland County Commissioner Shane Wilkin and count...
Habitat seeks applicants
In a little more than a month Highland County Habitat for Humanity plans to begin construction on a new home in Lynchburg and it wants to let local re...
More light on old postcard: A moved home and a distant relative
An article that appeared last week in The Times-Gazette about an old postcard, missing houses and a World War I veteran yielded a number of phone call...
Phone scams are on the rise with technology
Today, in the age of technology, we have an even greater responsibility to protect ourselves from fraudulent and predatory business practices that con...
Having fun just reading the headlines
When it comes to reading newspapers, whether in print or online, a lot of people just scan the headlines, stopping only to read the occasional story.T...
Our View: A Sunshine Week reminder that the public’s right to government records is crucial
The week of March 11-17 is designated Sunshine Week, as declared since 2005 by the American Society of News Editors. The week is dedicated to remindin...
Searching for a retirement plan
In another 40 or 50 years, I am going to be able to afford to retire.When that day comes, I am going to walk out of the press box one final time, file...
Mutts Gone Nuts through downtown
Uma Rose, our great-niece, celebrated her sixth birthday this past week. Uma is a bright-eyed, smart little girl who enjoys little games and the playf...
The Rocky Fork Lake Catch-22 — you can’t win either way
What’s clear in regard to the stalled $844,000 Rocky Fork Lake grant is that one day out of the blue, officials with the Bureau of Justice Assis...
Hillsboro track and field teams ready to run as season nears
In 2017 the Hillsboro Indians track and field team saw Austin Goolsby win the State Championship in the pole vault for Division II bringing home the s...
Hillsboro readies for another high school baseball season
Hillsboro’s Indian baseball team had a successful 2017 regular season before falling in the first game of the sectional tournament by Logan Elm....
Hillsboro softball looks to improve on last season’s struggles
The Hillsboro Lady Indians softball team is looking ahead to the 2018 season with a sense of optimism despite a less than stellar season a year ago.Ri...
Cabela’s King Kat Tournament to hold competition at Rocky Fork Lake in May
The Cabela’s King Kat Tournament Trail will hit the waters of Rocky Fork Lake at Hillsboro, Ohio, May 5, 2018. This is the opportunity for catfi...
OPSWA All-Ohio teams announced, McLaughlin makes third-team
The Division I and II boys basketball All-Ohio teams were announced Tuesday by a statewide media panel. The teams were selected by members of the Ohio...
McClain softball ready for new season
The McClain Lady Tigers softball team is looking to start anew in the 2018 season as they transition into their first season in the Frontier Athletic ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Greenfield students compete for Oaks
Four Laurel Oaks students in the Early Childhood Education program won medals recently in student events. The students participated in regional Family...
Good News hosts Regional Transition Expo
On Friday, March 16 the second annual Regional Transition Expo was held at the Good News Gathering Church located in Hillsboro. The Transition Expo wa...
NCB donates $1,000 to Habitat
NCB recently donated $1,000 to Habitat for Humanity-Clinton County. This organization began building homes for families in need in 1994. It has built ...
YMCA hosts egg hunt
Highland County YMCA Executive Director Kelli Kiser is shown in one photograph preparing hot dogs during an Easter event sponsored by the Hillsboro Up...
Hillsboro H.S. class of 1983 planning 35-year reunion
The Hillsboro High School class of 1983 will hold its 35th class reunion Saturday, June 23 at the Hillsboro Elks Country Club. The evening will begin ...