Lightning bolts, field fires and ‘Playboys’
Greenfied’s best kept secret
Chase ends with arrest
Fall from Greenfield trestle still under investigation
Hoops Classic moving to Hillsboro H.S.
- Lightning bolts, field fires and ‘Playboys’ - 6:01 pm
- Greenfied’s best kept secret - 8:59 pm
- Chase ends with arrest - 6:45 pm
- A decade of Anna’s Army Days - 5:59 pm
- Fall from Greenfield trestle still under investigation - 4:25 pm
- Ellis endorsed by NFIB/Ohio - 3:15 pm updated: 3:26 pm.
- Hillsboro FFA Flower sale is underway - 2:28 pm
- Highland countians honored with Exceptional Achievement Awards - 2:13 pm
- Hoops Classic moving to Hillsboro H.S. - 6:56 pm
- Crews rescue truck from Rocky Fork Lake in Highland County - 6:12 pm updated: 12:03 pm.
- Dakota’s out, LaRosa’s on the way to Hillsboro - 5:26 pm updated: 5:35 pm.
- Wilkin shares vision for Greenfield - 5:13 pm updated: 5:22 pm.
- Local fused-glass artist display at library - 12:19 pm
- VIDEO, ELLIS-WILKIN: Watch Tuesday’s forum featuring Shane Wilkin and Beth Ellis - 10:51 am updated: 10:58 am.
- Last Anna’s Army Day - 7:57 pm
- U.S. Bank closing W. Main Street Hillsboro office - 5:33 pm updated: 5:41 pm.
- Highland County sales tax revenue continues to fall - 5:01 pm
- Additional coverage: Candidates tackle issues of Ohio’s 91st District - 4:41 pm
- Local reaction: Barbara Bush was ‘the country’s mother’ - 3:32 pm
- New Medicare cards are coming - 2:37 pm
- FGBMFI dinner meeting May 5 - 1:19 pm
- Ellis, Wilkin go one-on-one at forum - 10:41 pm
- HCS honors ‘Marching Mothers’ - 8:35 pm
- After School Kids program a hit in Greenfield - 6:50 pm
- Winchester man charged with drug trafficking - 4:34 pm
Crews rescue truck from Rocky Fork Lake in Highland County
No one was hurt Wednesday night when a truck towing a boat trailer became almost completely submerged in Rocky Fork Lake after it reportedly lost trac...
Dakota’s out, LaRosa’s on the way to Hillsboro
Dakota’s Roadhouse in Hillsboro, which closed its doors earlier this week, was purchased Wednesday by the owner of the Mt. Orab LaRosa’s f...
Wilkin shares vision for Greenfield
With three days under his belt as Greenfield City Manager, Todd Wilkin told council members during his report at Wednesday’s council meeting tha...
Local fused-glass artist display at library
A local artist who utilizes glass and heat to make his vibrant crafts is currently being highlighted at the Hillsboro library.Originally from Raleigh,...
VIDEO, ELLIS-WILKIN: Watch Tuesday’s forum featuring Shane Wilkin and Beth Ellis
CLICK HERE To view the event.Shane Wilkin and Beth Ellis, the candidates for state representative from the 91st District, faced off Tuesday evening in...
Last Anna’s Army Day
With what would have been her daughter’s graduation day approaching next month, Andi Reno said that the 10th annual Anna’s Army Day, sched...
An interesting week in local politics
There’s never a dull moment in local politics, and last week was no exception. Three items of interest…Gary LewisIt took nearly four weeks...
The battle was over ballots
A road trip with my late brother, Jim, was always an adventure, and usually not uneventful.He was an ideal traveling companion — fun loving, fun...
A few things about autism
April is National Autism Awareness Month. Earlier last week was World Autism Awareness Day.My awareness of autism spectrum disorder is not limited to ...
Jeff Duncan Letter to the Editor: Shane Wilkin has leadership qualities
To the editor:For the past three years, I have had the opportunity to work with Commissioner Shane Wilkin. I would like to share what I have seen in t...
Satan and his minions plan the apocalypse
The following column originally appeared June 26, 2012.“The time has arrived for us to bring about the final destruction of the world,” Sa...
He speaks in the seasons
Of all the voices the Almighty uses to speak to his children, I find the changing seasons to be one of the most subtle and holy.There is warmth and li...
Hillsboro baseball unable to score as they lose 1-0 to Washington, softball team finds rhythm with six runs still lose 7-6
The Washington Blue Lions varsity baseball team was back on the diamond at Washington High School on a sunny, but still cold Thursday afternoon, takin...
Whiteoak wins 13th in a row against Georgetown 15-0, Lady Cats fall 8-1
The Whiteoak Wildcats improved their record to 13-0 in an impressive showing against the Georgetown G-Men 15-0 in five innings on Thursday evening. Th...
Hillsboro hosts eights teams for home invitational
The Hillsboro Invitational saw eight teams from three counties compete at Hillsboro High School on Thursday. The eight team that competed in the event...
Fairfield’s Matthew Mangus signs with Youngstown State University for track and cross country
Fairfield senior Matthew Mangus signed today to attend Youngstown State University and to participate as a men’s cross country and track and fie...
Whiteoak uses four-run fifth inning to defeat West Union 8-4, Lady Cats win 14-1
A matchup of two SHAC teams saw the Whiteoak Wildcats walk away with an 8-4 victory. The two teams entered play at the top of their respective confere...
Hillsboro tennis picks up 4-1 team win over London on Wednesday at home
Hillsboro’s boys tennis team hosted the London Red Raiders on Wednesday and won the team match by a score of 4-1.The Indians lone loss on the da...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Ryan receives Land Grant Scholarship
Matthew Ryan, of Hillsboro, an incoming member of The Ohio State University class of 2022, has been named a Land Grant Opportunity Scholarship recipie...
TSC looking for Ohio 4-H, FFA youth
The Tractor Supply Company Mobile Fair Tour is looking for Ohio 4-H and FFA youth who showcase what it means to be a great neighbor.Originating last y...
800-plus attend HDH Health Fair
Highland District Hospital hosted its annual Health Fair on Saturday, April 14 with more than 800 attendees.The Highland District Hospital Foundation ...
Farm Bureau awards scholarships
Highland County Farm Bureau has annnounced that it is awarding two $500 scholarships and one $1,000 scholarship. The recipients are:• Andrew Dav...
Adena walk honors sexual assault victims
Adena Health System’s sexual assault survivor advocates and nurse examiners are building on the powerful #MeToo and #Time’sUp movements to...