Slippery fugitives, seven dwarves and sarsaparilla
Big changes for Relay for Life
Years of sacrifice rewarded
Wenstrup talks appointment to Ways & Means, opioid crisis, Scalise spotlight
Memorial Day observances across county
- Slippery fugitives, seven dwarves and sarsaparilla - 6:01 am
- Big changes for Relay for Life - 6:31 pm updated: 9:54 pm.
- Years of sacrifice rewarded - 4:45 pm
- Wenstrup talks appointment to Ways & Means, opioid crisis, Scalise spotlight - 3:17 pm
- Memorial Day observances across county - 8:20 pm
- Summer food kickoff - 6:31 pm updated: 9:52 am.
- Former Hillsboro doctor gets five years - 5:47 pm
- Digging into the Highland County drug abuse data - 5:17 pm
- Wesley Roush receives a second thank-you note - 7:30 pm updated: 8:38 pm.
- One-vehicle wreck leaves man injured - 5:11 pm
- UPDATED: Leesburg man killed in wreck - 3:36 pm updated: 8:18 pm.
- Summer reading starts May 29 - 2:35 pm
- Breeden new director at Highland County Probation Department - 1:06 pm
- UPDATED: FBI searching Rosenberger’s house, storage unit - 10:46 am updated: 1:16 pm.
- Board keeps lunch prices same - 8:46 pm
- McClain looks to past for future - 6:54 pm updated: 9:17 pm.
- Wilkin waits as House limps toward speaker vote - 5:55 pm
- Women charged with failing to return vehicle - 5:24 pm
- 2018 Primary Election final results - 4:40 pm
- Primary election results certified, no changes - 2:51 pm
- ‘Inner Lives Matter’ - 6:43 pm
- Blanchester shooting report turned over to prosecutor - 6:08 pm
- 3 years probation for former Highland County commission clerk - 6:00 pm
- Update: Body of missing man found - 5:36 pm updated: 9:43 am.
- Hillsboro man killed in one-vehicle wreck - 3:53 pm updated: 5:05 pm.
One-vehicle wreck leaves man injured
A man sustained non-life-threatening injuries Wednesday after his vehicle reportedly swerved across the oncoming lane on U.S. Route 50 west of Hillsbo...
UPDATED: Leesburg man killed in wreck
A Leesburg man was pronounced dead at the hospital Wednesday after his vehicle struck a county dump truck on Fairfield Road, authorities said.A prelim...
Summer reading starts May 29
Librarians at the Hillsboro library are busy tuning their guitars and practicing their dance moves, all in preparation for this year’s summer re...
Breeden new director at Highland County Probation Department
Highland County Senior Probation Officer Gary Breeden was tapped Wednesday to lead the Highland County Probation Department as chief probation officer...
UPDATED: FBI searching Rosenberger’s house, storage unit
WILMINGTON — Agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation conducted searches in Clinton County Wednesday in relation to former Ohio Speaker o...
Board keeps lunch prices same
The Hillsboro City Schools Board of Education voted to keep school lunch prices the same as in previous years and explained its lunch charges guidelin...
Seemed like a good idea at the time
There comes a time in life when you realize that you are not as proficient at some things as you once were. When that times comes, you have probably a...
The Carroll County accident
My wife Brenda and I had planned to attend the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville on her birthday on Saturday, May 14, 1988, but our plans changed and we dec...
36th annual Senior Citizens Art Show
It’s hard to believe it is already May. Our agency loves a lot of things about May, especially the observance of Older Americans Month and the o...
Wilkin-Ellis: Direct mail, negative campaigning, and Mr. Wilkin goes to Columbus
As much as Shane Wilkin and Beth Ellis probably felt like they personally knew a lot of voters in their respective counties of Highland and Clinton, i...
Happy Mother’s Day, my ladies
It has been said that behind every good man there is a good woman. I do not know if I qualify as one of the aforementioned, but I do know that I have ...
Rest in Peace Chief White
Thomas “Tommy” White of Blanchester was first and foremost a policeman.Tommy began his career in law enforcement with the City of Wilmingt...
Highland County shootout June 28
Sharkey Penn Scholarship Golf Tournament June 2St. Mary Catholic School will host the 2018 edition of the Sharkey Penn Scholarship Golf Tournament on ...
Fairfield softball loses 3-2 to Meadowbrook in Regional semi-final
The Fairfield Lady Lions traveled to Lancaster High School on Wednesday to take on the Meadowbrook Lady Colts in the Division III Regional Semi-Finals...
Whiteoak, Fairfield, Lynchburg-Clay and Hillsboro baseball players recognized with All-District team selections
All-District first and second team baseball selections were announced Tuesday. Highland County was well represented in the announced selections with s...
Division III District track and field results
Track and field teams from Whiteoak, Fairfield and Lynchburg-Clay traveled to Southeastern High School on May 16 and May 19 to take part in the Divisi...
Hillsboro boys second overall at district meet; McClain girls third
The Division II boys and girls track and field District Tournament was held at Washington High School May 17 and May 19. Highland County had represent...
Fairfield softball advances to Regional Tournament, beat Chesapeake 3-0 to secure fourth straight District Championship
After a rainy Saturday afternoon that cancelled games, the Fairfield Lady Lions made their seventh appearance in the last eight years in the Southeast...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Hillsboro Garden Club going to the state conference
President Nancy Baldwin called the May 22 meeting of the Hillsboro Garden Club to order with members standing for the Pledge of Allegiance, followed b...
What’s going on the Greenfield Library?
The Libraries Rock Summer Reading Program is underway at the Greenfield Library. Patrons of all ages are encouraged to sign up so you can begin to rea...
Rainsboro honor roll, attendance
The Rainsboro Elementary School honor roll and perfect attendance lists for the fourth grading period of the 2017-18 school year are shown below:Honor...
Laurels celebrates National Nursing Home Week
The Laurels celebrated National Nursing Home Week and one of the events was a cookout with classic cars for the residents ti views that were provided ...
Lions donate $2,000 to school libraries
Bob Parker, left, and John Dodds, center, present a check for $3,000 on behalf of the Hillsboro Lions Club to Hillsboro City Schools Superintendent Ti...