Highland County, are you ready for Monday’s eclipse? View safely, experts warn
‘This is from my heart’
Hillsboro’s TC3 basketball all about life lessons
Scott House under repair
Hillsboro’s school year off to ‘great start’
- Highland County, are you ready for Monday’s eclipse? View safely, experts warn - 1:09 pm
- ‘This is from my heart’ - 7:32 pm
- Hillsboro’s TC3 basketball all about life lessons - 5:43 pm
- GOP candidate for Hillsboro council, Ward 3, approved - 4:20 pm
- Local youngsters do well at state fair - 3:34 pm updated: 3:40 pm.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 1:31 pm
- Barcelona terror attack an agonizing repeat for Europe - 9:53 am
- Scott House under repair - 7:49 pm
- Hillsboro’s school year off to ‘great start’ - 5:18 pm
- Another drug treatment facility eyes Greenfield - 5:00 pm
- Renacci latest GOP governor hopeful to visit Hillsboro - 3:01 pm updated: 3:11 pm.
- Autistic twins’ family looking for lost bulldog - 7:24 pm updated: 8:38 am.
- Highland County women’s HOF inducts 3 - 6:34 pm
- Greenfield heroin trafficker gets 5 years - 6:11 pm
- Highland County nixes ODRC program participation - 5:42 pm updated: 8:50 pm.
- Mother of Charlottesville victim, killed by car allegedly driven by man police say was from Ohio, urges channeling anger into ‘righteous action’ - 3:32 pm
- Eagles helps HCSO purchase drone - 1:57 pm updated: 3:45 pm.
- New Vienna man admits to bomb threats - 6:44 pm
- George leaving Paint Creek for school district - 6:04 pm
- City looks to buy Gross-Fiebel building in Hillsboro - 4:59 pm
- Old Hillsboro water plant might become site of sports complex - 3:38 pm
- 92 teams run Amazing Race - 8:08 pm
- Highland Amateur Radio Association celebrates 40 years - 6:38 pm
- Draft Horse, Pony Field Days - 5:19 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 4:29 pm
Another drug treatment facility eyes Greenfield
On the heels of the village council hearing from Scioto Paint Valley at a recent council meeting about an in-patient treatment facility on the east en...
Renacci latest GOP governor hopeful to visit Hillsboro
Republican gubernatorial candidate Jim Renacci, a U.S. congressman from the 16th District, will appear at a meeting of the Highland County Tea Party M...
Autistic twins’ family looking for lost bulldog
Molly and Savannah Todd knew when the daily 2 p.m. alarm went off that it was time to feed their dog and get ready for an afternoon nap. Henry, the En...
Highland County women’s HOF inducts 3
Three local women joined more than 100 others in the Highland County Women’s Hall of Fame Tuesday night to bring together the hall of fame’...
Greenfield heroin trafficker gets 5 years
A man who was part of an apparent drug trafficking ring in Greenfield was sentenced to more than five years in prison Wednesday in Highland County Com...
Highland County nixes ODRC program participation
The Highland County Board of Commissioners decided Wednesday not to opt in to a grant program offered by the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Cor...
Things to do in Mockmuhl
Lora and I have been trying to figure out where to go, if anywhere, on a vacation. My traditional top two choices are the universal destinations of al...
Why not build a skate park?
There has been talk recently about the city of Hillsboro placing a skateboard park on the old tennis courts at the city park on Railroad Street. IR...
Our community lifts people up, and we’re blessed by it
It occurred to me in the course of The Times-Gazette’s first-hand coverage of numerous events over the past week how much our citizens are engag...
The GOP had three chances to repeal Obamacare, and whiffed every time
If it wasn’t so serious, it would be hilarious watching Republicans try to pass health care legislation – hilarious if you enjoy the kind ...
How Facebook killed the high school reunion
I have never attended a high school reunion — not because I don’t like reunions, but more because I didn’t particularly like high sc...
The firefighter quietly prayed
I remember the ride like it was yesterday.The Ohio River was muddy as we crossed at Cincinnati in our old Ford F-150. Our son, Greg, had recently grad...
Fairfield Lions claim SHAC victory at home against Eastern Warriors
The Fairfield Lions hosted the Eastern Warriors on Monday at Buckeye Hills Country Club in Greenfield. The Lions boys golf team beat the Warriors by a...
Local Sports Briefs
Highland County Board of DD Unified Special Olympics slow pitch softball tournamentThe Highland County Board of DD will host a Unified Special Olympic...
Hillsboro Lady Indians travel to Columbus to participate in Airport Golf Classic
The Hillsboro Lady Indians golf team traveled to Columbus on Thursday and participated in the Airport Golf Classic hosted by Granville High School. Th...
Hillsboro travels to Chillicothe for boys golf, leaves with first FAC win
The Hillsboro Indians boys golf team traveled to Chillicothe on Thursday and participated in their first ever Frontier Athletic Conference (FAC) golf ...
Local Sports Briefs
The Highland County Veterans Honor Guard and Hillsboro Elks 361 will host the sixth annual Veterans Golf Outing on Sunday August 13 at the Elks Countr...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Shorter Chaple celebrating 177 years
The Shorter Chapel AME Church in Greenfield will celebrate 177 years in the community on Sunday, Aug. 20 at 3:30 p.m.The theme for the day is “B...
OVI checkpoint in Highland County
The Ohio State Highway Patrol has announced that an OVI checkpoint will be held in Highland County on Friday evening.The OVI checkpoint, funded by fed...
Ross County Reserve Champion Pen of Two
Jeff Kline, with the sheep on the left, helps his cousin, Owen Kline, on right, with the winners of the Reserve Champion Pen of Two at the 2017 Ross C...
Lions Club honors baseball team
The Hillsboro Lions Club held its annual family picnic and honored the Lions Club Little League baseball team. Pictured are (front row, l-r) Jacob All...
Pet of the Week
The Highland County Humane Society Pet of the Week is Buddy, an 8-year-old male Jack Russell. He has a handicap as he is partially blind in one eye an...