Despite resolution to join district, Hillsboro likely to seek another contract with Paint Creek
Sports complex in the works for Hillsboro
Hillsboro City Council hears first reading on Paint Creek legislation
Jury finds Hillsboro man guilty of possession
- Free detectors for Bright homes - 7:11 pm
- Despite resolution to join district, Hillsboro likely to seek another contract with Paint Creek - 6:38 pm updated: 7:06 pm.
- Sports complex in the works for Hillsboro - 5:18 pm
- Green spotlights SSCC’s free GED program - 1:13 pm
- Hillsboro City Council hears first reading on Paint Creek legislation - 9:46 pm updated: 11:37 am.
- Parade rescheduled - 6:58 pm updated: 11:37 am.
- Jury finds Hillsboro man guilty of possession - 5:38 pm updated: 11:37 am.
- Former Hillsboro bus driver dies in crash - 3:16 pm updated: 11:37 am.
- Willians Highland SWCD Employee of the Year - 1:30 pm updated: 11:37 am.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 1:13 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:06 pm updated: 2:00 pm.
- Holsinger faces death penalty - 12:45 pm updated: 11:37 am.
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 11:56 am
- Hillsboro Christmas parade rescheduled for 6 p.m. Dec. 16 - 5:58 pm updated: 6:01 pm.
- His scorebook is closed - 8:09 pm
- Lakeside recovery facility to open in Rocky Fork area - 6:44 pm
- Goverment drops plans to go after Schlichter - 5:42 pm
- Father, son charged with felonies - 5:26 pm
- SR 73 shut down north of Hillsboro after accident, downed utility lines - 3:29 pm
- Davis honored by Ohio Farm Bureau - 2:32 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 11:57 am
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 11:56 am
- A festive weekend - 8:50 pm
- Helping addicts find hope in Highland County - 7:20 pm
- Coffey voices concern over utility ‘deals’ - 7:08 pm updated: 7:09 pm.
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:Dec. 8ARRESTS/CITATIONSJames Pauley, 47, Greenfield, was arrested for domestic...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:ARRESTS/CITATIONSAbby Lindemood, 29, of Lynchburg, citation for failure to obey...
Holsinger faces death penalty
Five capital murder charges in the death of a 79-year-old victim were among multiple felony counts handed down against Jeffrey Ryan Holsinger by a Ros...
Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports
Sheriff Donnie Barrera reports for the week of Dec. 4-10, the Highland County Sheriff’s Office received 242 911 calls, answered 129 requests for...
Hillsboro Christmas parade rescheduled for 6 p.m. Dec. 16
Due to inclement weather and poor road conditions, the Christmas parade scheduled for Saturday evening, Dec. 9, has been postponed by the Hillsboro Up...
His scorebook is closed
After nearly six decades, Galen Neal said he decided not long ago he had closed his basketball scorebook for the last time.It all started with the 195...
A last look at Hillsboro City Council races
Now that the results are final after the validity of provisional votes was determined, let’s take a last look at the outcome of Hillsboro City C...
Where could that thing be?
Running, or more accurately slowly jogging, up and down a basketball court while officiating some youth games on a recent Saturday I caught a familiar...
We remember Lee Hendee
Is Seneca Falls, New York, the inspiration for Bedford Falls, the fictional mill town setting for “It’s a Wonderful Life,” Frank Cap...
Can’t afford Christmas? You’re not alone
A friend posted on social media that her family cannot afford a Christmas tree, and feeling depressed, said she cannot afford Christmas this year. Ano...
The Hounds of the Road
Natural Bridge is nestled in the mountains and rests within a gorge in Rockbridge County, Va. It’s midway between Lexington and Roanoke, and har...
A forward-looking project that’s already paying dividends
A great example of a forward-looking project that originally brought ridicule but is already proving its worth is the Hobart-Carl Smith Drive road.The...
Lynchburg-Clay unable to keep up with Peebles; lose 70-55 fall to 0-2
The Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs varsity basketball team fell to 0-2 on the season Friday night when they lost at home to Southern Hills Athletic Conferenc...
Hillsboro hosts Paint Valley in girls basketball
The Hillsboro varsity girls basketball team hosted the Paint Valley Lady Bearcats on Thursday at Hillsboro High School, the Lady Indians won by a scor...
Hillsboro hosts McClain for first home swim meet of the season
The Hillsboro swim teams hosted their first home meet against McClain at the Highland County YMCA on Tuesday, Dec. 5.In the boys competition, McClain ...
McClain ladies ‘play best game of season’ fall to Lady Panthers 49-39
The McClain Lady Tigers hosted the Miami Trace Lady Panthers on Wednesday night in a losing effort at McClain High School as they fell to 0-4 on the s...
Hillsboro travels to Georgetown and wins 53-48
Hillsboro’s varsity boys basketball team traveled to Georgetown on Wednesday and defeated the G-men 53-48 to improve to 3-0 on the season.The In...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Adena’s Family Medicine – Main Campus Clinic open
Adena’s Family Medicine – Main Campus is now open at the north entrance of Adena Regional Medical Center in Chillicothe. The clinic is par...
Richey selected for KFC scholarship
This year, 500 restaurant employees at KFC restaurants across the country will receive more than $1.2 million in college tuition assistance from the K...
SSCC faculty members honored for excellence
Two faculty members of Southern State Community College were presented recently with 2017 Faculty Excellence Awards at a banquet hosted by the Southwe...
St. Mary classroom helps hurricane victims
When St. Mary Catholic School gave its teachers a small amount of money to spend on their classroom, one of the teachers asked if she could instead ad...
St. Mary Catholic School adds playground
Saint Mary Catholic School celebrated the completion of its playground last month with the students, parents and staff. The playground has been a visi...