Highland County Junior Fair market goats, feeder calves, market lambs and market hogs will be tagged as well as equine registration will be on Saturday, June 3 at the Highland County Fairgrounds. This will be the only time the above market animals will be tagged for the 2017 Highland County Fair.
Following is a schedule of the tagging times:
• Market Goats – 8-10 a.m. Use blue walk-in gate on John Street. Show two boer and two dairy, sell two boer or two dairy, tag up to four boer and four dairy.
• Feeder Calves (feeder steer/feeder heifer) – 8-10 a.m. Use SR 73 gate. Show two, sell one, tag up to four in any combination. Have your calves with a halter on.
• Market Lambs – 8-10 a.m. Use yellow gate on John Street. Show two, sell two, tag up to four.
• Market Hogs – 7-10 a.m. Use parking lot across from fairgrounds. Show two, sell one, tag up to four. Those picking up tags can do so at the Junior Fair Board Office from 8-10 a.m.
• Equine Registration – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the fairgrounds. All 4-H horse members are required to bring each project horse for pictures, measurement, and to turn in completed horse forms. Each 4-H member will pay $2 per horse for pictures. The $2 fee for pictures has to be paid this same day and correct change is required.
Tag cost is $2 each. Have the correct change.
Reminder – There will be no family tagging. Also, the same procedure will be used for hog tag-in as last year. Junior Fair exhibitors picking up hog tags need to have the pictures and all paperwork returned back to Extension office or postmarked by June 12. No exeptions.
If you have any questions about tag-in this year, contact Jana Holbrook, Junior Fair coordinator, at 937-402-6219.
Submitted by Jana Holbrook, Highland Count Junior Fair coordinator.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU