The Adena Health System Board of Trustees has selected Jeffrey J. Graham as the system’s new president and chief executive officer.
Since October 2016, the board has been involved in an extensive, national search to find the right person to lead Adena Health System in the coming years. In total, more than 300 people applied for the position.
“We had a number of highly-qualified candidates for this important job,” said Board Chairman Steve Burkhardt. “But in the end, the person who was the right fit turned out to be someone that many of us know and trust. Jeff has a solid record as a health care leader in the industry, and a rich and positive history with Adena. He and his family know our patients, our caregivers and our communities very well, and I’m confident he will do a great job. On behalf of the board of trustees, in addition to congratulating Jeff on his new position, I also want to thank our other candidates for their interest and participation in this process.”
For just over five years, Graham has been president and CEO of Mercy Health’s East Market in the Cincinnati area. There, he successfully developed and implemented a strategic growth plan for the market. His many accomplishments there include:
• Mercy Health’s East Market is the market share leader among five competing health systems;
• Driving a culture of customer service;
• Making community connections to bridge the health care needs of the service area;
• Successfully merging two hospital executive and physician management teams into a single East Market Executive Team;
• Consistently being recognized nationally for quality, and in 2015, being listed among Truven Health’s Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals in the U.S.;
• Driving a physician-led model of care and service line strategy; and
• Successfully leading the development of multiple service line growth and implementation plans.
Graham previously served Adena Health System from 2002-12 in roles including: CEO and administrator for Adena Greenfield Medical Center; chief operating officer; and chief strategy officer. He and his family have deep roots in southern and south central Ohio, and are anxious to return to Chillicothe.
“I am excited and grateful for the opportunity to return to Adena as its next president and CEO,” said Graham. “Adena is unique in its position as an independent health system, and the opportunities for continued success are endless. As health care continues to evolve, it’s important that we stay ahead of the ball. I am committed to doing what is right for our patients, our caregivers and our community; by making sure Adena offers them the quality of care and service they expect and deserve, when they need it.”
A native of Portsmouth, Graham earned a master’s in business administration from the University of Findlay, and a bachelor’s degree from Eastern Kentucky University. He is scheduled to rejoin Adena in his new role as Adena’s president and CEO on Monday, July 31, 2017.
Submitted by Maria Smith, director corporate communications, Adena Health System.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU