An inspirational African group called called Imani Milele is coming to several Highland County churches next month.
Imani Milele is a Swahili phrase meaning “always believe.” This is the message the group gives to its children, encouraging them to never give up.
Imani carries this motto with them as they perform for people across the United States. They believe that every child is special and they are dedicated to changing the world, one child at a time, through education.
The choir is an integral part of the Imani Milele Children’s organization. It currently rescues, educates and develops over 3,500 children in Uganda. With the help of groups and individuals, Imani is forming a strong and passionate team who works together to make a difference in the lives of these children.
The choir has been treating audiences to fun-filled, interactive and inspirational concerts since 2013.
The group expects audiences to experience “True Africa,” which is showcased through culturally unique music, dance and well-crafted drum routines. Imanis’ vibrant costumes and enthusiastic energy create a dynamic performance for all to enjoy.
These concerts bring people of all ages the hope of a brighter future through Jesus Christ.
Following is a look at the local schedule:
• Sunday, July 2, 11 a.m. – Common Ground Community Church, 7460 Madison River Rd., Hillsboro.
• Sunday, July 2, 6 p.m. – Carpenter’s House of Prayer, 7450 Fairground Rd., Hillsboro.
• Wednesday, July 12, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Fellowship of Praise – 8625 U.S. Route 22, Clarksville.
• Friday, July 14, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Union Church of Christ – 3021 N. Taylorsville Rd., Hillsboro.
• Sunday, Jul 16, 10:30 a.m. to noon – Leesburg United Methodist Church – 117 Church St., Leesburg.
• Sunday, July 16, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Church of the Nazarene – 8230 U.S. Route 50, Hillsboro.
• Tuesday, July 18, 7 p.m. top 8:30 p.m. – Hillsboro Church of God – 5760 U.S. Route 50, Hillsboro.
• Wednesday, July 19, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Beech Fork Church – 1847 SR 348, Otway.
Submitted by Lynette Garrison.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU