A new school year for students of the Lynchburg-Clay Local School District begins on Wednesday, Aug. 17. Students attending Laurel Oaks Vocational School will start school on Friday, Aug. 12 (juniors only) or Monday, Aug. 15 (juniors and seniors).
The Lynchburg-Clay Schools will be closed during the week of the Highland County Fair, Sept. 5-9, but Laurel Oaks will be in session. Bus pickup points for Laurel Oaks students during fair week and all other times Lynchburg-Clay is not in session will be: Buford, 7:30 a.m., high school, 7:45 a.m., and in front of the Lynchburg library at 7:50 a.m. On all other days, vocational students will be picked up on the regular bus routes.
The district buses will operate this year with dual routes, the same as in past years. Middle school and high school students will be picked up on the first route; elementary students on the second.
School hours for the 2016-2017 school year are as follows:
Grades K-5 – 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Grades 6-8 – 7:40 a.m. to 2:17 p.m.
Grades 9-12 – 7:36 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Lynchburg (town) students will be picked up at the following lovations in Lynchburg for transportation to their respective schools. Students should report to the stop closest to their home. Stops will be made at the following locations:
• Corner of Henderson and North
• Corner of Bayless and North
• Corner of Mills and Park
• Corner of Park and Lee
• Corner of Eastern and Herschel
• Corner of N. Broadway and High
• High St., near ball diamond hydrant, corner of Fricburg and W. Pearl
• First alley south of High, on eastern corner of E. Pearl and Bayless
• Corner of Eastern and Dana
• Corner of College St. and Washington
• Corncr of Sycamore and Washington
• Corner of South St. and S. Broadway
• Corner of Glenavy and Shannon
• Corner of Shannon and Limerick
• 416 Limerick Drive
• Corner of Limerick and Wexford
• Corner of Wexford and Glenavy
• Corncr of Glenavy and Kerry Lane
Town students will be picked up at the following times:
• Middle school and high school students – approximately 7 a.m.
• Elementary students – approximately 8:30 a.m.
Middle school students are not permitted to walk to or from school.
We ask parents to emphasize to their children the importance of proper behavior, both at bus stops and on the school bus. Please respect private property around the stops.
Students attending Laurel Oaks Vocational School will depart from the high school at 7:45 a.m. The return bus will drop vocational students off at the Lynchburg-Clay Elementary building at 3:30 p.m.
Once again, the board will pickup the costs of workbooks and most other supplemental materials. Lunch prices for the 2016-2017 school year will be as follows:
Grades K-5 – $2.40
Grades 6-8 – $2.85
Grades 9-12 – $2.85
Reduced Meal – 40 cents
Extra Milk – 35 cents
Breakfast (grades K-5) – 40 cents
Breakfast (grades 6-8) – $1.25
Breakfast (Grades 9-12)– $.125
Reduced Breakfast – 30 cents
All students will receive a student handbook on the opening day of school. This handbook contains a wealth of information about your school, especially any changes in policy, rules and regulations. Parents are asked to please review the handbook with their children and keep it as a reference for the school year.
Submitted by Brett Justice, superintendent, Lynchburg-Clay Local Schools.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU