The Times-Gazette is unveiling a new daily weather map inside today’s print edition, providing more details, regional weather, descriptions and statistics.
Included with the new, larger weather graphic will be:
• 5-day forecast, including morning, afternoon and evening forecasts, with high and low temperatures each day for the next five days, along with graphics illustrating each day’s climate.
• Air quality index, with air quality advisories ranging from good to hazardous.
• Sun and moon, featuring sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset times, along with full moon and new moon dates.
• Weather history, featuring an interesting historic weather event for the current date.
• Statewide and regional forecasts and temperatures.
• “The Nation Today,” featuring a look at the weather across the United States, with temperatures and forecasts for key cities and a forecast narrative.
The new weather feature is from AccuWeather, a leading provider of worldwide weather forecasting and statistics.
“We are excited to provide this new, greatly-expanded weather feature for our readers,” said Gary Abernathy, publisher and editor of The Times-Gazette. “We hear from many readers who consider the weather forecast one of the key features of our newspaper. We’re happy to offer a weather feature that provides more details, statistics and information about the upcoming weather from one of the most trusted forecasting companies in the business.”
The new weather feature appears on page 5.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU