Hillsboro post office evacuated for gas leak


The Times-Gazette



The Hillsboro Post Office was evacuated late Thursday afternoon due to a confirmed gas leak, according to the Paint Creek fire department.

A firefighter on the scene said officials from Pike Natural Gas were on the scene, and the suspected source of the leak was a rooftop HVAC unit.

An open house at the Edward Jones investment office inside the post office scheduled from 4-7 p.m. seemed likely to be canceled, said John Knechtly, financial advisor with the company.

The Times-Gazette