Fire damages portion of Greenfield home


By David Wright - dwright@aimmedianetwork.com



Firefighters clean up the scene of a fire at 723 Jefferson Street late Wednesday morning.


David Wright | The Times-Gazette

A fire that damaged a portion of a Greenfield home had traffic shut down in both directions on Jefferson Street late Wednesday morning.

Paint Creek Joint EMS/Fire District Chief Bradley George told The Times-Gazette on scene that the fire started in an apartment near the back of the home, located at 723 Jefferson Street.

While George said the cause of the fire was not immediately known by investigators, Steve Fligor, who owns the home, said he was told the blaze was caused by a grease fire in the kitchen.

One woman was transported to the hospital in stable condition, and another person refused treatment at the scene, according to George.

Emergency vehicles and fire hoses had the 700 block of Jefferson Street shut down for some time in the late morning while firefighters doused the blaze.

Reach David Wright at 937-402-2570, or on Twitter @DavidWrighter.

Firefighters clean up the scene of a fire at 723 Jefferson Street late Wednesday morning.
http://www.timesgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/2017/08/web1_fire082317-1.jpgFirefighters clean up the scene of a fire at 723 Jefferson Street late Wednesday morning. David Wright | The Times-Gazette

By David Wright

dwright@aimmedianetwork.com