Grant awarded to curb tobacco use in Highland County
Two apply to dispense medical marijuana in Highland County
Mowrystown sewer woes persist
‘Hillsboro to Houston’ looks to help Texas teens
New pole for old landmark
- Grant awarded to curb tobacco use in Highland County - 5:36 pm
- Two apply to dispense medical marijuana in Highland County - 3:45 pm updated: 4:05 pm.
- Mowrystown sewer woes persist - 3:04 pm
- ‘Hillsboro to Houston’ looks to help Texas teens - 2:28 pm
- New pole for old landmark - 2:16 pm
- Choir performs for board - 6:26 pm
- Quick-response to help overdose victims seek treatment goal of new Highland County team - 5:48 pm
- Husted makes campaign stop in Hillsboro - 5:22 pm
- Does anyone know what this photograph depicts? - 2:32 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 12:47 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 11:58 am
- 3rd UPDATE: Final Hillsboro election results see no change; Amy Robinson forgoes her right to a recount, congratulates Patricia Burns - 9:37 am updated: 7:02 pm.
- Storm’s Christmas Blessing enters its eighth year - 7:09 pm
- ‘Tis the season - 6:15 pm updated: 7:16 pm.
- Wilmington man pleads guilty to child porn charges in Highland County - 5:10 pm
- New Hillsboro Police Department chief a longtime Union, Ohio lieutenant - 4:11 pm updated: 4:48 pm.
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 12:12 pm
- TONIGHT: Jon Husted to visit Highland County Tea Party - 11:27 am
- Updated: Brown County man charged in connection with death of his 11-year-old step-grandson; $100,000 bond set - 2:37 pm updated: 2:07 pm.
- Board of Elections to hold final count Nov. 21 - 6:22 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 6:17 pm
- Man gets 11 years for Bainbridge burglary - 6:00 pm
- KOPA Bands promote adoption - 5:46 pm
- Special programs including ROTC discussed by Hillsboro school board - 5:29 pm updated: 6:20 pm.
- Marijuana dispensary license deadline passes, no objections in Hillsboro - 4:43 pm updated: 4:50 pm.
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:Nov. 17INCIDENTAt 12:40 p.m., North End Mini Mart, Greenfield, reported a vehi...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:Nov. 20ACCIDENTAt 7:10 a.m., the police department responded to a crash in the ...
3rd UPDATE: Final Hillsboro election results see no change; Amy Robinson forgoes her right to a recount, congratulates Patricia Burns
Despite a margin of error making the race eligible for an automatic recount, Amy Robinson, the Republican candidate for Hillsboro city treasurer who t...
Storm’s Christmas Blessing enters its eighth year
It started seven years ago as a way to honor a grandchild that died in Hilda Hamilton’s arms when the baby was just 12 hours old. In its first y...
‘Tis the season
With Thanksgiving just a couple days away, City of Hillsboro employees started preparing for the holiday season Monday by installing Christmas wreaths...
Wilmington man pleads guilty to child porn charges in Highland County
A Wilmington man is slated to be sentenced next week after he entered an Alford plea of guilty to child pornography charges in Highland County Common ...
We honor our veterans with music
Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones reminded us that “Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, ...
Solutions journalism is here for your community
Have you ever considered working as a reporter or journalist? I’ve met a lot of folks who have told me that they would like to. Sometimes people...
Current council has duties; enjoyable visits here and elsewhere
While we await final results from last Tuesday in local races that are so close they won’t be decided until provisional votes are considered, le...
Here’s to you, John Wend
I do not know when or where I first met John Wend, but I am certain it was at some kind of ball game somewhere. John passed away last week at the age ...
Trying to make sense of it all
One of the more important lessons my mother has taught me in my 35 years on this earth is, “if you can’t say something nice, don’t s...
Election fatigue; negativity; stores coming and going; festival changes
It’s over, thank goodnessAs it always does, election fatigue set in long ago for local races, and the overwhelming comment I hear from everyone ...
Lynchburg Mustangs S.A.Y Soccer Passers win Ohio State S.A.Y. soccer tournament
The Lynchburg Mustangs S.A.Y Soccer Passers won the Ohio State S.A.Y. Championship tournament that was held in Milford, Ohio.The Mustangs earned a spo...
Fairfield to take on East Clinton in Ohio Valley Hoops Classic
When the Fairfield Lions open their season on Saturday afternoon, Dec. 2 in the Ohio Valley Hoops Classic, Coach Josh Howland will be making his head ...
1987 OSU-Michigan game one of a kind
Only a few Ohio State-Michigan games are so special they get a name. In fact, there might be only one.The 1987 game is known as the Earle game. At lea...
Whiteoak boys and girls varsity bowling preview
The Whiteoak varsity boys and girls bowling team opened their season on Monday at Highland Lanes in Hillsboro where they took on Hillsboro, Lynchburg-...
Whiteoak Lady Wildcats varsity basketball preview
The Whiteoak Lady Wildcats varsity basketball team will open their regular season on November 25 when they host the Lady Astros of East Clinton High S...
Whiteoak varsity boys basketball preview
Whiteoak High School’s varsity boys basketball team will open their season on December 1 when they travel to Peebles to take on Southern Hills A...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Holiday grief support helps with loss
The holiday season is a time of great emotion. For those who are experiencing their first holiday following the loss of a loved one, the emotions of t...
Mowrystown FFA hosts district food science contest
The Mowrystown FFA Chapter recently hosted the District 9 Food Science and Technology CDE, which requires students to have an in-depth understanding o...
Hillsboro FFA selling poinsettias
This semester the Hillsboro FFA business class has been growing and marketing poinsettias while learning about the business aspects of running a green...
Auditions for upcoming SSCC production
The SSCC Theatre Company will hold auditions for the reader’s theatre winter production of “Love, Loss, & What I Wore,” by Nora ...
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 22Lynchburg Boy Scout Troop #120, 7 p.m., Lynchburg Fire House.Hillsboro Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie #1161, 7 p.m.Al-Anon, noon to...