The ninth annual education conference “Building Bridges” will be held Aug. 1-4 at Southern State Community College’s Central Campus, 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro.
The conference is for infant, toddler and preschool teachers, paraprofessionals, special education teachers, pre-k through third grade teachers, and other interested parties.
Co-sponsored by Southern State and the Corporation for Ohio Appalachian Development (COAD), conference sessions are approved by the Ohio Department of Education, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, and Step Up To Quality.
Cost is $30 per day, which includes continental breakfast, lunch, materials and prizes; and registration is required by July 24. Morning sessions will be held from 8:30-11:30 a.m. and afternoon sessions will be held from 12:30-3:30 p.m.
For more information and to register, visit http://tinyurl.com/sscc2017bbc. Contact Robin Tholen at 937-393-3431 x2671 or [email protected] with any questions.
Workshops offered throughout the conference include:
· “ELDS Math (Pre-K)” will be presented by Alexis Kirk of Region 14 SST;
· “ELDS Science (Pre-K)” will be presented by Linda Mead of Region 14 SST;
· “ELDS Module Level 2: Cognition and General Knowledge (Birth to 36 Months)” will be presented by Angela Kisor, a COAD Consultant;
· “Incorporating Technology in Everyday Activities” will be presented by Kristin Watson, a COAD Consultant;
· “STEAM: An Integrated Approach to Learning,” “Creating STEAM-Related Outdoor Preschool Experiences,” “Best Practice: Sensory, Art & Science (Infant/Toddler)” and “Making the Most of Routines (Infant/Toddler)” will be presented by Debbie Anderson of COAD Early Care & Education;
· “Be an Eco-Healthy Early Care and Education Program” and “Create the Ask, Get Results: Funding Opportunities” will be presented by Julie Burchett of COAD Early Care & Education;
· “Project Wild,” “Project Learning Tree,” and “Awesome Art Activities for Preschool Children” will be presented by Barb Cook, Adjunct Faculty of Southern State Community College;
· “Music, Movement and More” and “Overview ELDS” will be presented by Becky Storer, Associate Professor of Southern State Community College;
· “Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting” will be presented by Nicolle Moore of Child Focus;
· “Emergency First Aid Training” and “Communicable Disease Recognition and Prevention” will be presented by Sharon Fugate of Southern State Community College; and
· “CPR Training” will be presented by Brenda Woods of Highland County Head Start.
Submittted by Kris Cross, director of public relations, Southern State Community College.