Highland County Jr. Fair market goats, feeder calves, market lambs and market hogs will be tagged and equine registration will also be held Saturday, June 2 at the Highland County Fairgrounds. This will be the only time the above market animals will be tagged for the Highland County Fair. Family tagging is allowed in all market species that are being tagged.
Following is specific information on times and location for each group of animals:
• Market Goats – 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Use blue gate on John Street. Show two boer and two dairy, sell two boer or two dairy – tag up to four boer and four dairy. This year the Boer County Bred and Born Show will be a Jr. Fair Show. Let them know if your boer goat was bred and born in Highland County and the name of the breeder.
• Feeder calves (feeder steer/feeder heifer) – 8-10 a.m., use SR 73 gate. Show two, sell one – tag up to four in any combination. Have your calves with a halter on.
• Market Lambs – 8-10 a.m., use yellow gate on John Street. Show two, sell two – tag up to four.
• Market Hogs – 7-10 a.m., use parking lot across from fairgrounds. Show two, sell one – tag up to four. Those picking up tags can do so at the Jr. Fair Board Office from 8-10a.m. Reminder, market hog exhibitors will be filling out an entry form at tag in.
• Equine Registration – 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the fairgrounds. All horse exhibitors are required to bring each project horse for pictures, measurement, and to turn in completed horse forms. Each Jr Fair horse member will pay $2 per horse for pictures. The $2 fee for pictures has to be paid this same day and correct change is required.
The tag cost is $2 each. Have correct change.
Also, the same procudure will be used for hog tag-in as last year. Jr. Fair Exhibitors picking up hog tags need to have the pictures and all paperwork returned back to Extension office or postmarked by June 11th. There are no exceptions.
If you have any questions about tag-in this year, contact Jana Holbrook, Jr. Fair coordinator, at 937-402-6219.
Submitted by Jana Holbrook, Highland Count Jr. Fair coordinator.