While light rain fell on a large crowd at Thursday night’s concert and storms severely threatened William Michael Morgan’s performance Friday, clear skies are expected Saturday evening when Brett Young takes the main stage at the 2017 Festival of the Bells in Hillsboro.
The National Weather Service was calling for a mostly sunny day Saturday and a clear evening.
But if you plan to take in the concert, you might want to bring a jacket or blanket. After a high of 78 Saturday afternoon, the NWS was calling for a low of 56 overnight.
Local performers Brynna Boone and Ricky Cooper will be the opening acts Saturday starting at 7:30 p.m. Young will take the stage at 9 p.m.
Young was a nominee for the 2017 ACM New Male Vocalist of the Year Award and has a hit with “Sleeping Without You” among other songs.
The festival gets an early start with registration for a 5K run/walk starting at 7 a.m. The actual event starts at 8 a.m.
Other attractions Saturday include:
• 10 a.m. – Cornhole tournament
• 10 a.m. – Pet parade
• 10 a.m. – Craft booths open
• 10:30 a.m. – Baby parade
• 11 a.m. – Midway and food booths open
• Noon – Children’s games
• 1 p.m. – Scavenger hunt
• 1-6 p.m. – Highland House Museum open
• 2 p.m. – Children’s games
• 4 p.m. – Inspire Gymnastics
• 4 p.m. – Free throw competition
• 5 p.m. – Kiddie tractor pull
• 6-8 p.m. – Steve Faris strolling magic acts
• 8:30 p.m. – Festival of Bells Auction