A Greenfield man was indicted this week on several criminal charges after he allegedly entered a Greenfield home without permission while drunk and carrying a gun, assaulted a person in the home and made threatening statements, according to court documents.
Russell Paugh Jr., 48, Greenfield, was indicted on two counts of aggravated burglary, a first-degree felony; one count of aggravated menacing and one count of using weapons while intoxicated, both first-degree misdemeanors.
According to a law enforcement affidavit filed in the case, Paugh allegedly entered a home in Greenfield without permission on the evening of April 15 while drunk and carrying a firearm, then assaulted the son of one of the residents and threatened them.
A bystander was able to subdue Paugh outside the house and found the firearm was not loaded, the affidavit said.
Paugh was taken to the Greenfield jail, where he almost immediately threatened another inmate and was placed in isolation, according to the affidavit.
The indictment includes a forfeiture specification, a component of a criminal indictment which lists property subject to forfeiture due to its involvement in a crime.
Also Tuesday, Charles J. Davis, 20, Marion, Texas, was indicted on one count of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, a fourth-degree felony.
The indictment says Davis “being eighteen years of age or older, did knowingly engage in sexual conduct” with a 14-year-old juvenile.
No further information is available in that case.
The following individuals were also indicted:
• James Michael Evans, 36, Leesburg, theft of drugs, a fourth-degree felony, and unauthorized use of a vehicle, a first-degree misdemeanor.
• Steven Haddox, 42, Chillicothe, failure to comply with the order or signal of a police officer, a third-degree felony.
• Tracey Beatty, 27, Hillsboro, aggravated possession of methamphetamine, a fifth-degree misdemeanor.
• Angela L. Mason, 29, Hillsboro, aggravated possession of methamphetamine, a fifth-degree misdemeanor.
• John Wayne Blair II, 40, Hillsboro, two counts breaking and entering, a fifth-degree felony; one count theft, a first-degree misdemeanor; and one count tampering with evidence, a third-degree felony.
• Dawn Young, 35, Martinsville, theft, a fifth-degree felony.
• Patricia D. Santrock, 71, Hillsboro, having weapons under disability, a third-degree felony. Forfeiture specification.
• Kyle Dean Huston, 26, Martinsville, receiving stolen property, a fourth-degree felony.
• Astasia A. Deaton, 30, Hillsboro, grand theft of a motor vehicle, a fourth-degree felony; and theft by deception, a fifth-degree felony.
• Allen W. Shoemaker, 60, Hillsboro, breaking and entering and possessing criminal tools, both fifth-degree felonies.
• John Jennings, 49, Hillsboro, three counts theft by deception, two fifth-degree felonies and one first-degree misdemeanor; and two counts forgery, a fifth-degree felony.
• Jamie Michael Hawes, 40, Hillsboro, failure to appear, a fourth-degree felony.
• Kiniks R. Landrum, 22, Greenfield, failure to appear, a fourth-degree felony.
Reach David Wright at 937-402-2570.