Highland County Jr. Fair market goats, feeder calves, market lambs and market hogs will be tagged Saturday, June 1 at the Highland County Fairgrounds. This will be the only time the above market animals will be tagged for the 2019 Highland County Fair.
Following are some details:
· Market Goats — 7:30 10:00 a.m. Use blue walk in gate on John Street. Show two boer and two dairy, sell two boer or two dairy. Tag up to four boer and four dairy.
· Feeder Calves (feeder steer/feeder heifer) — 8-10 a.m. Use SR 73 gate. Show two, sell one — tag up to four in any combination. Feeder calves must have on a halter or they will not be tagged.
· Market Lambs — 8-10 a.m. Use yellow gate on John Street. Show two, sell two — tag up to four.
· Market Hogs — 7:30 to 10 a.m. Use parking lot across from fairgrounds. Show two, sell one — tag up to four. Those picking up tags can do so at the Jr. Fair Board Office from 8-10 a.m.
Pictures and paperwork must be returned or postmarked by June 10, 2019.
· Equine Registration — 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the fairgrounds. All 4-H horse members are required to bring each project horse for pictures, measurement, and to turn in completed horse forms. Each 4-H member will pay $2 per horse for pictures. The $2 fee for pictures has to be paid this same day and correct change is required.
Family tagging may be done on any of the market species. Tags cost $2 a piece. Have correct change.
If you have any questions, contact Jana Holbrook, Highland County Jr. Fair coordinator, at 937-402-6219.
Submitted by Jana Holbrook, Highland County Jr. Fair coordinator.