There were no injuries to residents or firefighters after a Hillsboro home went up in flames on Sunday afternoon.
Lt. Branden Jackman, public information officer for Highland County Emergency Operations Center, told The Times-Gazette that dispatchers received a call shortly before 3:30 p.m. on Sunday regarding a structure fire at 230 Willow St. in Hillsboro.
“Initial crews got on the scene and saw heavy flame and smoke coming from the front of the house,” Jackman said. “It wasn’t suspicious in any way, shape or form, and unfortunately, the house was a total loss.”
Fire units from Lynchburg, Marshall Twp. and New Vienna rendered mutual aid, Jackman said.
Officials determined that the cause of the fire was electrical in nature and began in the front living room.
The Red Cross was called in to assist Branden Fuller and his family, who were renting the home owned by Rick Burns.
“We had absolutely no injuries, and we love to see that,” Jackman said. “Property can be replaced — lives can’t.”
Reach Tim Colliver at 937-402-2571