‘Imagine’ Hillsboro’s future
‘Smokin’ a success
Polling location changes made in Highland County
Kids clothes store opens next month
Broken hips, umbrellas and ‘cocaine kids’
- ‘Imagine’ Hillsboro’s future - 7:36 pm
- ‘Smokin’ a success - 7:30 pm
- Polling location changes made in Highland County - 6:16 pm
- Kids clothes store opens next month - 6:01 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 10:57 am
- Broken hips, umbrellas and ‘cocaine kids’ - 5:02 pm updated: 11:03 am.
- Hillsboro First Baptist celebrating 175 years - 7:32 pm updated: 7:37 pm.
- Dog pound seeks help - 6:51 pm
- Highland County sheriff, others condemn Issue 1 - 6:03 pm
- Two-car crash injures both drivers - 5:18 pm updated: 7:42 pm.
- Hairdresser shares apple cake recipe - 3:55 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 1:16 pm
- Highland County travel report - 12:24 pm
- Cookies With Characters - 8:03 pm
- A day to remember - 6:53 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department to host ‘Coffee with a Cop’ - 6:09 pm
- Adams County Southern State campus put on hold - 5:00 pm
- FFL pageant applications sought - 12:26 pm
- Keeping Highland County buildings safe from fire - 9:01 pm
- State can aid Greenfield’s financial transparency - 7:35 pm
- Commissioners oppose State Issue One - 7:03 pm
- Court allows reporters to inspect autopsies - 3:43 pm updated: 7:25 pm.
- Court of Appeals will convene in Hillsboro - 2:35 pm
- Report cards in for Highland County schools - 8:37 pm
- Hillsboro City Schools vote won’t raise taxes - 8:18 pm
Two-car crash injures both drivers
A two-car crash totaled both vehicles, but caused only minor injuries Friday morning near the Rocky Fork Truck Stop at the intersection of U.S. Route ...
Hairdresser shares apple cake recipe
In The Kitchen with Sharon this week is Caroline Osborn, owner and operator of Wild Mane Salon in Hillsboro. Anyone that knows Caroline knows that not...
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:Sept. 18ARRESTS/CITATIONSTrystin Dutchess, 21, Richmondale, was cited for driv...
Highland County travel report
Through the week ending Sept. 29, the following traffic advisory includes road construction and major maintenance projects requiring long-term lane re...
Cookies With Characters
Twenty-five characters will be on hand to dance, decorate cookies and create crafts with kids when the annual Cookies With Characters event is held Sa...
A day to remember
The explosion that hit Staff Sgt. Louis Kelch’s B-17 Flying Fortress doomed the lumbering, olive drab aircraft.In a published interview from 199...
Laughter is good medicine
Attention editor,Thank you Herb Day for your much needed humorous articles. They bring sunshine to a cloudy day. You hit the nail on the head with thi...
Dancing in law school taught me about learning
It was always cold, snowy and dark on Monday nights during my third semester of law school.For three hours I would be in the chilly courtroom at Kelle...
Be wary of federal government
“Show me the man, and I’ll show you the crime.” — Lavrenti Beria, Joseph Stalin’s head of the Secret Police.It is absurd...
Everything that glitters
Another year is about to click by bringing with it, at least to me, how quickly time passes. As a child, an hour was a month, and a month was eternity...
Why doesn’t she believe me?
In case you missed it, The Times-Gazette rolled out a new feature last week. It’s called “In the kitchen with Sharon,” and so far ha...
Serious sighting or silly story?
On June 16, 1910, a strange article appeared in the local newspaper, the News Herald. The headline on the story was: Whatchumacalit Killed.And the sto...
Ohio State rolls against Tulane
Urban Meyer called the reception he got from Ohio State fans when he returned to coaching the Buckeyes on Saturday against Tulane after a three-game s...
McClain loses on Homecoming 34-14 to Troy Christian
The McClain Tigers hosted the Troy Christian Eagles on Homecoming night with storm clouds on the horizon most of the game. The weather remained calm t...
Hillsboro too much for Clermont Northeastern, win 29-7
The Hillsboro Indians celebrated Homecoming on Friday when they host the Rockets of Clermont Northeastern at Richard’s Memorial Field in Hillsbo...
Southern Hills Athletic Conference boys golf tournament results released Friday
The Southern Hills Athletic Conference wrapped up their four day boys golf tournament on Thursday at Snow Hill Country Club in New Vienna.The Whiteoak...
Whiteoak’s Hunter Morgan leads Wildcats at Jackson Invitational
A hot and humid day at Jackson’s very difficult course didn’t bother the Wilcats cross country teams.Jr High boys and girls both handily w...
Hillsboro boys golf wins FAC championship, McClain ladies take girls title
The Hillsboro varsity boys golf team and the McClain varsity girls golf team both finished off their Frontier Athletic Conference schedules on Thursda...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Highland County Farm Tour a success
The fifth annual Highland County Farm Tour took place on Sept. 15. The farm tour was a result of a collaborative effort between Highland County Farm B...
NCB donates to Pregnancy Center
NCB recently donated $2,500 to the Southern Ohio Pregnancy Center. The money will be used for the Earn While You Learn parenting program, which allows...
Grover exhibits sheep at fair
The Hillsboro FFA Chapter exhibited many different things at the Highland County Fair. One of the species exhibited was sheep.One of the chapter membe...
Abernathys celebrate 65th anniversary
John and Nancy Abernathy of Hillsboro celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary Wednesday. They were married on Sept. 19, 1953. They are pictured at a...
WC Peace Symposium to delve into opioid crisis
Since 2016, Ohio has been ranked second in the nation for most overdose deaths from opioids.Wilmington College will join together with area communitie...
Adena Regional lab receives accreditation
The Adena Regional Medical Center (ARMC) Laboratory has received a two-year accreditation from the Accreditation Committee of the College of American ...