Ohio Open Doors coming to Highland Co.
‘Make it a great day or not’
Gibson honored at GABP
Women’s Hall of Fame inducts 3 new members
RFL grant ‘very much alive’
- Ohio Open Doors coming to Highland Co. - 8:15 pm
- Cutie Pie & Pet Contest back for 24th year at fair - 7:09 pm
- ‘Make it a great day or not’ - 6:27 pm
- Gibson honored at GABP - 8:13 pm
- Women’s Hall of Fame inducts 3 new members - 6:51 pm
- RFL grant ‘very much alive’ - 5:54 pm
- Hope House offers hope - 9:10 pm
- Community Praise and Play Day program finalized - 7:32 pm
- HPD officer commended for helping driver - 7:02 pm
- Paint Valley ADAMH receives $573K in funding - 8:50 pm
- Bright Local seeks levy volunteers - 7:57 pm
- Texting and driving - 7:03 pm
- Crash closes U.S. Route 50 - 6:34 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 11:53 am
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 11:01 am
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 10:06 am
- Catfishing, jailbreaks and ‘making gestures’ - 6:01 am
- Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes from Highland County could be the gift of a lifetime - 8:08 pm
- Massie House celebrates opening near Belfast - 5:30 pm
- No injuries in rollover wreck north of Hillsboro - 4:24 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 2:00 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:53 pm
- Bluegrass in Bainbridge at Paxton - 7:03 pm
- Highland County Courthouse work continues - 5:58 pm
- Make a splash, help Highland County animals - 4:40 pm
Paint Valley ADAMH receives $573K in funding
A total of $573,667 in federal opioid funding through the 21st Century Cures law has been distributed to the Paint Valley Alcohol, Drug Addiction and ...
Bright Local seeks levy volunteers
The Bright Local School District has planned an organizational meeting for 6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 15 at Bright Elementary for anyone interested in hel...
Texting and driving
Texting and driving has now surpassed drinking and driving as the leading cause of death among teenage drivers.According to a recent study done by AT&...
Crash closes U.S. Route 50
A man escaped a fiery tanker crash Sunday near the Paint Valley school complex just east of Bainbridge that closed U.S Route 50 for several hours, acc...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:Aug. 10ARRESTS/CITATIONSRobert Sannan Jr., 19, of Seaman, was cited for failure...
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:Aug. 10ARRESTS/CITATIONSRalph Taylor II, 57, Greenfield, was cited for crimina...
Does this sandwich make me look fat?
I would like to say that it’s just been in the last few years that my weight has become a concern for me, but I would be lying on two counts. Th...
Old car no longer driving me crazy
I’ve never been very good at long-term relationships.That’s not so much because of a lack of commitment on my part, but rather the paucity...
Calling it like I see it
Let me be clear. I want to be supportive of the president and his policies.As a farmer, we voted for the president because he purported to represent a...
‘Sweet Daddy’ visits White Tower
Sweet Daddy Siki wasn’t his baptized name, of course.We think it was Reginald.We also don’t know where or when he was born. Some say he ha...
Somebody stop me
My wife and I developed a terrible habit during the last presidential election. We spent countless hours watching the news channels — Fox News, ...
Ready for a new challenge
Many years ago when I was a college student trying to decide what I wanted to be when I grew up, I was originally majoring in education with hopes of ...
McClain boys golf team 2nd at Unioto Invitational August 11
McClain’s boys golf team traveled to Chillicothe on Saturday to participate in the Unioto Invitational at the Forrest Everhart Memorial Golf Cou...
Local sports briefs
Fairfield Lion Open scheduled for August 18The Fairfield Athletic Boosters will host the Fairfield Lion Open on Saturday, August 18, at Buckeye Hills ...
McClain girls golf team win first FAC match of the year
The first Frontier Athletic Conference girls golf match was held Thursday at the Franklin Valley Golf Course in Jackson and the Lady Tigers of McClain...
Ohio State loses either way in Meyer case
Right or wrong, Ohio State University’s reputation will be tarnished further next week when a special committee is expected to issue its finding...
McClain boys golf wraps up third match in three day to open season
The McClain boys Golf team capped a run of three matches in three days to open the 2018 Golf season on Thursday when they hosted Madison Plains at Buc...
Hillsboro boys basketball program hosts 9th Annual Alumni Golf outing at Hillsboro Elks
The Hillsboro High School boys basketball program hosted its 9th Annual Alumni golf outing at the Hillsboro Elks Golf Course on August 4, 2018. Twenty...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Vendors invited to TSC Fall Farmers Market
Tractor Supply Company in the Hillsboro area is inviting all local growers, crafters and artisans to showcase their homemade and homegrown good...
Homeless shelter needs votes for $25,000
The Highland County Homeless Shelter needs your vote to help claim a $25,000 prize.Communities across the United States answered the call from State F...
Commissioners endorse Women’s Hall of Fame
The Highland County Board of Commissioners recently endorsed the 2018 Highland County Women’s Hall of Fame inductees. Being inducted this year a...
Poultry Pigs & Lambs holds final meeting
The Highland County Poultry Pigs & Lambs 4-H Club held its final meeting before the fair on Sunday, Aug. 12 at 2 p.m. at the Hamer Township House....
Jacky, Ford presenting free concert
Hillsboro High School graduates Daniel Jacky and Christopher Ford will present a concert at 3 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 19 at St. Mary’s Episcopal Churc...