Suspects in slayings of family of 8 to be in court
Abernathy sworn in during commissioners meeting
HCS buildings ‘independent’
Southern State computer science students ‘failing together’
Honoring Marie Knott’s final ‘bucket list’ wish
- Man badly burned in South Salem fire - 3:06 pm
- Suspects in slayings of family of 8 to be in court - 3:03 pm
- Abernathy sworn in during commissioners meeting - 1:57 pm updated: 3:05 pm.
- HCS buildings ‘independent’ - 9:55 pm
- Southern State computer science students ‘failing together’ - 7:42 pm
- Honoring Marie Knott’s final ‘bucket list’ wish - 6:31 pm
- Market steer, market heifer tag-in - 1:03 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 12:43 pm
- Highland County BOE releases final election count - 7:45 pm
- PV ADAMH announces essay contest winners - 6:53 pm
- Hillsboro FFA selling poinsettias - 6:47 pm
- Highland County travel report - 6:37 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 6:34 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 6:29 pm
- Four generations, 70 years - 5:40 pm
- Wilkin proposes legislation - 5:39 pm
- Long Ride from Split Rock: Part III - 4:45 pm updated: 4:47 pm.
- Area schools help with Operation Christmas Child - 2:04 pm
- ‘Mighty hunters,’ dog thieves and bad harvest - 6:00 am
- Thanksgiving sweet potatoes and cornbread - 6:05 pm
- Peterson recognizes McClain FFA on senate floor - 5:55 pm
- Auditions for ‘By the Bog of Cats’ Dec. 14 - 5:47 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 5:44 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 5:38 pm updated: 5:40 pm.
- ‘Jumpstarting’ Rocky Fork flotilla - 5:34 pm
PV ADAMH announces essay contest winners
During Red Ribbon Week, observed Oct. 22-26, the Paint Valley Alcohol, Drug and Mental Health Board sponsored “Write In Red,” an essay con...
Hillsboro FFA selling poinsettias
As the school year began, the Hillsboro FFA chapter’s business management, agriculture and environment classes began planting poinsettias for th...
Highland County travel report
Through the week ending Nov. 24, the following traffic advisory includes road construction and major maintenance projects requiring long-term lane res...
Greenfield Police Department reports
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:Nov. 16ARRESTS/CITATIONSDylan Rodgers, 19, Greenfield, was issued a citation f...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:Nov. 16ARRESTS/CITATIONSShane St. Clair, 44, Hillsboro, was arrested on a bench...
Four generations, 70 years
Wilkin Heating and Air Conditioning is observing its 70th year in business, and at the same time, Jack Wilkin, the patriarch of the family business, i...
Reflections on Thanksgiving
This week on The Times-Gazette’s website and Facebook page, we asked our readers to share some of their favorite Thanksgiving memories with us, ...
‘A man has to know his limitations’
I occasionally run across people who seem to have photographic memories of their elementary, middle and high school years. In fact, I live with a woma...
Will the circle be unbroken
It is only a six-foot circle of wood.The rough piece of old oak from the rural Clinch Mountains of Tennessee had called a historic church in Nashville...
When science becomes a crime
On May 11, 2004, Dr. Steven Kurtz’s wife died of a heart attack.Dr. Kurtz was a professor at the University of Buffalo who also dabbled in uniqu...
You are really stupid
I was approached by a friend at a local restaurant recently who had a question regarding the subject matter I write about. His question, posed with th...
New column from an old friend
In Friday’s print edition of The Times-Gazette, we introduced a new feature. It’s an advice column from local real estate agent Randy Butl...
Lynchburg-Clay graduate and UC Clermont freshman Angela McLaughlin helps Lady Cougars soccer to USCAA D II Womens soccer national title
Angela McLaughlin a 2018 graduate of Lynchburg-Clay High School won the United State Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) Division II Women’s...
Blanchester faces Beechwood on day two of Ohio Valley Hoops Classic at Hillsboro High School Dec. 1
One of the aims of the Ohio Valley Hoops Classic is to create matchups that will be entertaining for fans. The Blanchester vs Beechwood game on Dec. 1...
Fairfield boys 6th at State meet on Saturday
The Fairfield Lions cross country team made their way to National Trail Raceway in Hebron on Saturday and participated in the OHSAA State cross countr...
7 Hillsboro and 2 McClain football players selected as OPSWA Southeast All-District perfromers
The Ohio Prep Sports Writers Association released the 2018 Southeastern Ohio All-District Football Teams on Friday and Hillsboro had four players name...
Cross-County Bushido Karate Club travels to Jackson for tournament
The Cross-County Bushido Karate Club traveled recently to Jackson for a karate competition. Brown Belt Winners for CCBKC were Katelin Heizer who place...
Campbell County scheduled to make trip from Kentucky to take on Walnut Ridge in Ohio Valley Hoops Classic on Saturday Dec. 1 at Hillsboro High School
In the 2017 Ohio Valley Hoops Classic, the Campbell County Camels defeated Wilmington 72-59. The Camels went on to finish the season with a 29-6 recor...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
FSA committee election underway
Elections for USDA’s Farm Service Agency’s (FSA) Highland County Committee are underway.It is important that every eligible producer parti...
November is Caregiver Month
National Family Caregiver Month is celebrated each year in November. In what better month could we express our gratitude for the 90 million family car...
Lynchburg-Clay Elementary Students of the Month
These children were chosen as Students of the Month at Lynchburg-Clay Elementary for November. The students were chosen by their teacher for displayin...
Sizemore receives Focus on People Award
Tim Cross and Bill Bruns, co-owners of Earzlink Hearing Care, attended the 20th Annual Oticon Focus on People Award Ceremony in Orlando, Fla. Over the...
Boo-Fest bicycle prize unclaimed
Allison Cunningham was the winner of a drawing for a new bicycle held by Best One Motors in Hillsboro during Boo-Fest around the Highland County Court...