New name for old house
‘Playing a small part in changing lives’
Justice Center software system upgrade approved
False info lands man in jail
Deer hunting season officially underway in Ohio
- New name for old house - 6:40 pm
- ‘Playing a small part in changing lives’ - 6:05 pm
- Justice Center software system upgrade approved - 5:06 pm
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month - 4:48 pm
- A 2nd Chance Pet of the Week - 12:53 pm
- HCHS holding Historical Homes Sidewalk Tour - 6:11 pm
- False info lands man in jail - 5:54 pm
- Deer hunting season officially underway in Ohio - 5:03 pm
- View Story - 4:49 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 12:24 pm
- Health department reports 15 active COVID-19 cases - 5:57 pm
- Planting new trees at Hillsboro Dog Park - 5:48 pm
- Color to emerge mid to late October - 5:45 pm
- Prayer event Saturday in Hillsboro - 5:16 pm
- Pair die after truck crash - 4:58 pm
- Dog Pound Pet of the Week - 2:25 pm
- Hillsboro FFA members show poultry at fair - 1:53 pm
- The circus, the fair, something in the air - 6:29 pm
- Trick or treats set - 6:20 pm updated: 3:36 pm.
- Highland County has 12 active COVID-19 cases - 6:03 pm
- In the kitchen with Sharon - 2:11 pm
- Escaped felon captured - 1:23 pm
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month - 10:52 am updated: 4:50 pm.
- Prayer event on courthouse square Saturday - 5:52 pm
- ODH: No COVID cases in local schools - 5:41 pm
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:Sept. 28ACCIDENTThe police department responded to a crash in the 1100 block of...
Health department reports 15 active COVID-19 cases
As of Monday, Highland County had recorded a total of 253 lab-confirmed and probable COVID-19 cases, according to the Highland County Health Departmen...
Planting new trees at Hillsboro Dog Park
Students from the Impact Life program from McClain High School were “sprucing” up the Hillsboro Dog Park by planting sugar maple trees Mon...
Color to emerge mid to late October
Fall is a special time of year in Ohio because of the stunning spectrum of colors that will soon transform trees around the state.Throughout the seaso...
Prayer event Saturday in Hillsboro
A crowd estimated at more than 200 people turned out Saturday in front of the Highland County Courthouse in Hillsboro for a National Unity Prayer even...
Pair die after truck crash
Two of three people flown by helicopter from the scene of Highland County traffic crashes over the weekend have died, according to the Wilmington Post...
A deputy and Gale Sayers
Two topics, mostly unrelated but still related by the times we’re living through, are on my mind this week. One is the efforts of a local sherif...
Goodbyes can be difficult
Fall is coming. I can feel it. I love it — the smell of the harvest and the cool crisp morning air, but with the coming of fall we say goodbye t...
The problem of childhood poverty
It’s been said that the pandemic has exposed abrasions and holes in the historical fabric of American life. My maternal grandfather was said to ...
Husband at war with the mice
My husband Peter is now at war with the mice.The mice (possibly with the assistance of a rat or two) have eaten the electrical wiring in our car causi...
Carrying on a family tradition
Staring at me from a wall in my office is a painting that never fails to lighten my mood. It is an autumn scene framed by large trees replete in their...
I met up with a gambler
I am one of those guys that stopped listening to new music several years ago. To me, the best music ever recorded is from the late ’60s through ...
Indians fall to state-ranked Jackson
JACKSON – The Hillsboro Indians traveled to Jackson on Friday and battled the undefeated and state-ranked Jackson Ironmen in a Frontier Athletic...
Blue Lions run away from Tigers
The Washington Blue Lions football team celebrated homecoming with a 46-9 win over the McClain Tigers Friday night in Frontier Athletic Conference act...
MHS wins in soccer, falls in volleyball
GREENFIELD – The McClain Lady Tigers soccer team hosted the Washington Lady Blue Lions on Thursday at McClain High School in a Frontier Athletic...
Indians, Tigers square off in FAC action
The Hillsboro Lady Indians volleyball team hosted the McClain Lady Tigers on Tuesday at Hillsboro High School in Frontier Athletic Conference play and...
WCH vaults past Hillsboro
After spending most of the 2020 season chasing the Hillsboro Indians, the Washington Blue Lion boys golf team won the Frontier Athletic Conference 18-...
Final FAC boys golf results
The Frontier Athletic Conference wrapped up its boys golf season Tuesday at the Washington Country Club by completing the final 18 holes of golf leagu...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Hillsboro announces 2020-21 FFA Officer Team
In March 2020, members of the Hillsboro FFA Chapter went through an interview process to be selected as the 2020-21 Hillsboro FFA Officer Team. The of...
Hillsboro FFA members show swine
This year the Hillsboro FFA chapter had six members exhibit swine at the Highland County Fair. The members included Corbin Winkle, Riley Stratton, Mal...
Hillsboro FFA members show poultry at fair
During the 2020 Highland County Fair, three Hillsboro FFA members exhibited poultry projects — Trinity Edenfield, Ryan Mau and Allie Crago.In sh...
McClain metal detectors take temperatures
Jesse Mitchell, Greenfield’s technology director, had the great idea to put in the walk-through metal detectors, branded by Secvera, to take stu...
Hillsboro students show lambs at fair
The Hillsboro FFA has many members who exhibit different categories and species each year. This year, there were two members who exhibited lambs at th...