Morris: Council never approved sign
Gas prices expected to jump
Students give back to Greenfield on annual MHS Day
WCH Walmart evacuates people due to fire
Vaccine gap is closing
- Wanted: Craft items for Salt - 1:23 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 11:14 am
- Morris: Council never approved sign - 8:16 pm
- Gas prices expected to jump - 5:31 pm
- Fundraising ‘a struggle with Covid’ - 5:07 pm
- Students give back to Greenfield on annual MHS Day - 4:52 pm updated: 4:53 pm.
- WCH Walmart evacuates people due to fire - 1:46 pm
- S.R. 41 closing in Brown County - 12:57 pm
- GREENFIELD P.D. REPORTS - 12:36 pm
- Vaccine gap is closing - 4:59 pm
- Fayette Solar presents case - 4:51 pm
- New South Central Power facility opens Tuesday - 4:39 pm
- Plans underway for 49th annual radio-telethon - 4:31 pm
- Amateur radio club receives national award - 2:03 pm
- Local airman hits century mark - 1:08 pm
- HPD: Vehicle rammed front door of business - 12:15 pm updated: 2:28 pm.
- HILLSBORO P.D. REPORTS - 12:02 pm
- Dog Pound Pet of the Week - 11:56 am
- Visible Learning Plan - 4:48 pm
- Ratcliff named new JFS director - 4:02 pm updated: 9:29 am.
- Highland County travel report - 3:53 pm
- Rocky Fork Dam, spittlebugs and ‘Porky’s Revenge’ - 1:39 pm
- Med Collect boxes unveiled - 1:39 pm
- G3 hosting Wine Walk, chalk art - 1:38 pm
- Sentenced for stealing van twice - 10:53 am
Fayette Solar presents case
The company behind the proposed Fayette Solar solar array system held an open house Thursday evening to acquaint those in Greenfield and Madison Towns...
New South Central Power facility opens Tuesday
South Central Power Company’s new Hillsboro Service Center is open for business Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. starting Tuesday, M...
Plans underway for 49th annual radio-telethon
A year after it was a virtual only event for the first time in 48 years, plans are underway for the 49th annual Ernie Blankenship Radio-Telethon with ...
Amateur radio club receives national award
On a cool but sunny Saturday morning, 44 amateur radio operators from throughout Southern Ohio gathered at the Liberty Park Harmony Lake shelter house...
Local airman hits century mark
A crowd of more than 50 well-wishers gathered in the hangar at the Highland County Airport on Saturday for a surprise birthday celebration for Darrel ...
A mouse in my mouth
It was a Saturday ritual for most of my teenage years and beyond. My father and I would rise early in the morning, load up our gear, make a quick stop...
Mothers are drivers of social change
Mother’s Day is traditionally a holiday where mothers are shown gratitude for their roles as caretakers, nurturers and sources of wisdom. Tradit...
Preparing them for the next adventure
Last weekend, she was in Chicago. This weekend, she’s in Washington, D.C. I never would’ve guessed my 13-year-old daughter could be such a...
Time for USA to muscle up
President Biden said in his speech to Congress this past week that China is betting that the U.S. can’t keep up with autocracy in the 21st centu...
Still nagging the curmudgeon
It is a well-known fact that we are allowed to chew out the people we care about. Most recently, this came to mind when I gave my old friend, Andrew, ...
Join the battle against vandalism
It seems that more and more often I find myself scratching my head wondering what is wrong with people these days.Lately, there has been a string of a...
McClain’s Baril sets another record
For the second time this season McClain High School’s Gene’ve Baril has broken a McClain High School girls track and field record.On Thurs...
Lady Indians clinch perfect FAC season
WASHINGTON C.H. — The Hillsboro girls softball team clinched an undefeated season in Frontier Athletic Conference action when they took both gam...
Whiteoak claws back atop SHAC
MOWRYSTOWN — Some clutch hitting and defense put Whiteoak in the driver’s seat to claim a Southern Hills Athletic Conference championship ...
‘Cats end Warriors’ 11-game win streak
The Whiteoak Wildcats had a five-game winning steak snapped Friday by the Fairfield Lions, 8-6, but the ‘Cats rebounded Saturday to knock off Ea...
OHSAA approves membership dues
The Ohio High School Athletic Association Board of Directors has approved a recommendation from OHSAA Executive Director Doug Ute that membership dues...
Lady Indians runners-up in Greenfield
The Hillsboro Lady Indians finished at runners-up Friday at the Bob Bergstrom McClain Invitational behind the hosting McClain girls.The Hillsboro boys...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
AAA7 offers caregiver support group
During this time when families have found themselves more isolated, it is important to reach out to others to find help and support. Through the Area ...
Teeters finishes state FFA term
Fairfield High School graduate Paige Teeters officially ended her term as state FFA vice president at the 93rd Ohio FFA Convention. The Fairfield FFA ...
Stegbauer receives Walter All-Scholastic Award
The statewide Franklin B. Walter All-Scholastic Award ceremony was held on April 27 in virtual format. The Ohio Educational Service Center Association...
Davis gets state FFA degree
The Fairfield FFA chapter congratulates Jason Davis for receiving the honorary state degree at the 93rd Ohio FFA Convention. This degree honors indivi...
Lewis retiring from health department
In May 2021, Kate Lewis is retiring from the Highland County Health Department after 31 years as a public health nurse.Chances are, if your child got ...