DeWine asks Ohioans to unite
Reversing the trend
Vienna Program opened new worlds for WC students
County non-auto tax revenue up
“The Old Storm that blowed in the first Lynchburg band”
- DeWine asks Ohioans to unite - 6:31 pm
- Reversing the trend - 6:13 pm
- Vienna Program opened new worlds for WC students - 5:21 pm
- Christmas in July Online Auction - 4:14 pm
- County non-auto tax revenue up - 2:05 pm
- A 2nd Chance Pet of the Week - 12:59 pm
- “The Old Storm that blowed in the first Lynchburg band” - 9:09 pm updated: 9:22 pm.
- Hillsboro will save $699K - 8:14 pm updated: 11:25 am.
- Back-to-school vaccination clinics available - 6:31 pm
- Jobs aplenty at RFL and Paint Creek - 4:10 pm
- S. East St. closed in Hillsboro - 3:03 pm
- SSCC, UC join forces in cyber security degree - 1:44 pm
- Dog Pound Pet of the Week - 6:09 pm
- Bick stepping in as Bright Local superintendent - 5:49 pm
- State Farm offering $25,000 grants - 5:18 pm
- Fall Festival of Leaves axed - 5:07 pm
- Boating and drinking don’t mix - 2:56 pm
- TODAY IN HISTORY - 1:46 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 10:03 am
- Car show, cruising in Hillsboro - 7:04 pm
- City planning to revitalize Hillsboro’s parks - 5:23 pm
- A summer treat from Paint Creek - 4:23 pm
- Husky muskies, presidential visit and a cosmic visitor - 4:06 pm
- In the kitchen with Sharon - 1:25 pm
- Entry Day 2020 — Fair preparation underway - 1:09 pm
Jobs aplenty at RFL and Paint Creek
Those that are still furloughed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, high school and college students, retirees or anyone who loves the outdoors are invited ...
S. East St. closed in Hillsboro
Hillsboro Public Works Superintendent Shawn Adkins has announced that South East Street will be closed from East Main Street to East South Street for ...
SSCC, UC join forces in cyber security degree
A new partnership between Southern State Community College and the University of Cincinnati School of Information Technology will allow students to ob...
Dog Pound Pet of the Week
This week’s Highland County Dog Pound Pet of the Week is Conrad, a young medium-sized dog. With splashes of white on his nose and chest, Conrad ...
Bick stepping in as Bright Local superintendent
Though his contract doesn’t officially begin until Aug. 1, Mike Bick, formerly the principal of Bright Local Elementary, has been settling into ...
State Farm offering $25,000 grants
Last year, four Ohio non-profit organizations were awarded $100,000 in grant funding from the State Farm Neighborhood Assist program, with the insurer...
Time to cancel ‘cancel culture’
A few days ago author J.K. Rowling of Harry Potter fame, along with 150 other writers and academics, signed an open letter bemoaning the recent trend ...
Intersection of a health, economy crisis
I was on my way to our farm in Berrysville when I passed through the five-points intersection of SR 73, SR 247 and Muntz Street, and for some reason t...
Where are the men today?
A lady made a comment to me the other day that most of my articles are typically positive in nature and are what she considered “fluff.” H...
Thanks to RFL parade participants
The Rocky Lake Business Advisory Committee would like to thank everyone who came out to the Fourth of July Parade on Saturday at Rocky Fork Lake. We w...
An open letter to 2020
Dear 2020:Listen, we need to talk. I don’t know why you’ve been such a difficult year. Are you in some sort of competition with previous a...
Can I give your dog a treat?
My husband, Peter, and I miss having a dog. I see a lot of dogs on the trail during my daily hike, and so Peter (who is always full of good ideas R...
‘COVID-19 for Coaches and Administrators’ Course
INDIANAPOLIS, IN (July 6, 2020) — In an effort to address the challenges of returning to high school athletics and activities amidst the COVID-1...
Court filing alleges $400K paid to Williamson family in ‘18
The legal fight over NBA rookie Zion Williamson’s endorsement potential now includes an allegation that his family received $400,000 from a mark...
Sonny Gray to start
CINCINNATI (AP) — Sonny Gray knows what it’s like to start a season opener in front of a crowd, having done it twice with Oakland. His thi...
NASCAR’s Johnson OK’d to race
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Seven-time NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson has twice tested negative for the coronavirus and will race Sunday at Kentucky ...
OSU’s best opponents past 3 decades: Up first, the defense
When the Big Ten Network announced its All-Decade team last week it reminded me how many great players I have seen play against Ohio State in writing ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Local collegiate news
The following was compiled from news releases from a variety of colleges and universities:Columbus State Dean’s ListThe following students have ...
Wilkin holding office hours
State Rep. Shane Wilkin (R-Hillsboro) has announced that he will hold individual office hours on Monday, July 13.All constituents of the 91st Ohio Hou...
AAA7 offering pain self-management classes
Wellness classes provided by the Area Agency on Aging District 7 (AAA7) are starting back up after a time off due to the coronavirus pandemic. While p...
A boy and his bicycle
As I was mulching the hosta beds around the maple trees recently, I heard and then saw a boy on his motorized bicycle. He toured the neighborhood for ...
Rocky Fork Lake Fourth of July Parade
Part of the procession in Saturday’s Rocky Fork Lake Business Advisory Committee second annual Rocky Fork Lake Fourth of July Parade is pictured...