Support specialists are critical
Crash claims Whiteoak student
HPD: Hillsboro man arrested after fleeing officers
ARPA projects are progressing
Hillsboro man gets 90 days in jail
- Support specialists are critical - 6:45 pm
- New library programs - 6:31 pm
- Controlling board releases funds for Highland County - 6:19 pm
- See you at the pole - 6:14 pm
- Crash claims Whiteoak student - 6:01 pm
- HPD: Hillsboro man arrested after fleeing officers - 11:52 am
- HILLSBORO P.D. REPORTS - 11:18 am
- HIGHLAND COUNTY S.O. REPORTS - 10:38 am
- WC agriculture program growing strong at 75 - 6:46 pm
- ARPA projects are progressing - 6:35 pm
- Buildings posted as unsafe - 6:26 pm
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month proclaimed - 6:05 pm
- Ribbon-cutting held at rebranded Greenfield eatery - 6:06 pm
- Brown top conservation farmer - 5:14 pm
- Hillsboro man gets 90 days in jail - 5:01 pm updated: 11:44 am.
- Reviving a tradition - 4:49 pm
- History Day returns to Greenfield - 7:10 pm
- Two get community control - 6:44 pm
- Russian recruiter shot amid fear of Ukraine call-up - 6:29 pm
- Hunters discover body Saturday in Brown County - 5:41 pm
- HILLSBORO P.D. REPORTS - 1:46 pm
- Can’t make a game, visit YouTube - 6:53 pm
- Highland County travel report - 4:03 pm
- Senior Expo at senior center - 3:17 pm
- Escape thwarted, live broadcasts, Selective Service - 3:10 pm
Buildings posted as unsafe
The buildings at 125, 133 and 136 W. Main St. in Hillsboro have had placards posted on them by the city of Hillsboro declaring the properties to be un...
Domestic Violence Awareness Month proclaimed
The Highland County Board of Commissioners proclaimed October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month at its weekly Wednesday morning month. Dara Gullett...
Ribbon-cutting held at rebranded Greenfield eatery
Simply Fresh Creations, located at 414 Jefferson St., was officially welcomed to the neighborhood Monday with ribbon-cutting with the village of Green...
Brown top conservation farmer
Highland County farmer Nathan Brown was one of five Ohio family farmers recognized by the Ohio Department of Agriculture as a winner of the 2022 Conse...
Hillsboro man gets 90 days in jail
A Hillsboro man was sentenced in Highland County Common Pleas Court to three years of community control and 90 days in the Highland County Jail on mul...
Good news started the trouble
It’s not always easy living with me. But my husband, Peter, has to.I know it is not easy because I live with myself every day, and I feel the bi...
The night I pinch-hit for Votto
Dr. Sigmund Freud, an astute man, became known in his later years as the founder of psychoanalysis.One morning after one particularly sweet dream, he ...
Through the eyes of Scoop
Maybe I didn’t choose to wear the mascot costume. Maybe it chose me.I spent a recent afternoon waving at children, posing for photographs and oc...
Laptops — Macbooks and Windows
Last week we wrapped up our journey into making a smart home with a survey of some of the less common smart devices. I hope you have a good handle on ...
Putin in hole digging furiously
The famous Chinese general and philosopher Sun Tzu once said in his book, “The Art of War,” that, “There are five dangerous faults w...
Outside on the sidewalk
I met Betty sitting outside on the sidewalk.Betty spends a lot of time there. She lives in the adjacent building. It is a place for older folks who ne...
FAC FOOTBALL SCOREBOARD
Scores from the first two weeks of Frontier Athletic Conference football action, the current standings and the remaining conference schedule are liste...
Lynchburg-Clay, McClain conclude girls golf season
The Lynchburg-Clay and McClain girls golf teams wrapped up their 2022 golf seasons with eight 10th place finishes, respectively, Monday in the Divisio...
Orcutt on Fantasy Fooball: Injuries coming in to play
Here is my first Waiver Wire report for Week 4. There were a lot of injuries in Week 3, so utilizing the Waiver Wire will be really important this wee...
Wilmington JV tennis defeats Batavia 8-1
WILMINGTON — The Wilmington High School junior varsity girls tennis team defeated Batavia Monday on the WHS courts.There were six singles and th...
Hurricane JV tops Rockets in two sets
OWENSVILLE — Wilmington defeated Clermont Northeastern 25-23, 25-18 in junior varsity volleyball.Aidynne Tippett had seven points, a kill, eight...
Rough night for Indians in WCH
The Washington High School and Hillsboro High School football teams first played each other on Oct. 24, 1902.Theodore ‘Teddy’ Roosevelt wa...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Reed-Powell promoted at AAA7
Teresa Reed-Powell, LSW, was recently promoted to director of community services at the Area Agency on Aging District 7 (AAA7).Reed-Powell has been wi...
Who in the Bible had a lot of patience?
Noah gets the patience award because he rode with the animals, says Jeremy, 8: “They probably stunk.”That wasn’t all that smelled, s...
Looking at the Savior or the storm?
Well, we made it through our cruise with no problem. A beautiful vacation time in the Caribbean. With all the storm activity there, it was hard for me...
Brown, Campbell ADAMH mental health champions
The Paint Valley Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health (ADAMH) Services board held its fourth annual Recovery Celebration last week at Bell Manor ...
Davidson has 30 years with McCarty
McCarty Associates, LLC has announced that Darrick Davidson has been with the business for 30 years.Davidson is a key member of the surveying departme...