Leisure suits, deaths, and ‘war on every tongue’
Committees consider Hillsboro fire station, duplex
Wilkin new state clean energy bill co-sponsor
Greenfield eyeing $500K
Hillsboro food truck statewide magazine feature
- Leisure suits, deaths, and ‘war on every tongue’ - 6:00 am
- Bainbridge jamborees reunion - 7:38 pm
- Committees consider Hillsboro fire station, duplex - 7:15 pm
- Wilkin new state clean energy bill co-sponsor - 6:37 pm
- Greenfield eyeing $500K - 6:19 pm
- In the Kitchen with Sharon - 2:10 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 12:20 pm
- Hillsboro food truck statewide magazine feature - 7:38 pm updated: 2:14 pm.
- Hastings: Parker House to be donated to City of Hillsboro - 6:43 pm
- Spills, solar farm safety on EMA agenda - 5:51 pm
- Fire destroys combine - 4:04 pm
- Mueller report is released - 3:42 pm
- Do you have a blunt person in your life? - 2:09 pm
- 2 hurt in afternoon wreck at U.S. Route 50/Mad River Road - 6:21 pm
- 5G upgrades may come to Highland County soon - 5:50 pm
- Unlicensed fishing allowed May 4-5 - 5:28 pm
- Highland County permissive sales tax receipts slowly rising - 3:25 pm updated: 4:29 pm.
- Eichinger takes oath as council president - 10:37 am
- Hillsboro choral director says he will fight termination - 8:57 pm
- Statement from Davis on White’s termination - 8:50 pm
- SECOND UPDATE: Hope buildings deemed uninhabitable - 6:02 pm updated: 9:44 pm.
- McClain grad hired as new superintendent - 4:47 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 1:06 pm updated: 2:15 pm.
- Rapid Forge closing for three days - 12:27 pm
- Work has started on U.S. 50 in Hillsboro - 12:21 pm
Spills, solar farm safety on EMA agenda
The Highland County Emergency Management Agency renewed and reviewed its commitment to public safety during the Thursday meeting of the Local Emergenc...
Fire destroys combine
Clouds of toxic black and white smoke billowed into the air mixed with bright orange flames when firefighters from the Highland County North Joint Fir...
Mueller report is released
Read the full Mueller report at j.mp/2VatQq8.WASHINGTON — Public at last, special counsel Robert Mueller’s report revealed to a waiting na...
Do you have a blunt person in your life?
Have you ever been forced to decide on something big and that blunt person in your life stopped you in your tracks with, “What are you doing?...
2 hurt in afternoon wreck at U.S. Route 50/Mad River Road
A two-vehicle crash involving a dump truck and a sedan Wednesday afternoon near the intersection of Mad River Road and U.S. Route 50 in Hoagland injur...
5G upgrades may come to Highland County soon
Through President Donald Trump called 5G cellular connections a “vital link to America’s prosperity and national security interests in the...
Happy belated Tax Day
April 15 is the day our federal government has decided that you must pay the taxes owed for the previous year. For many of us, we pay these incrementa...
… And all that jazz
I have always taken pride in the fact that I appreciate many types of music. While my musical preference has always rested in the country field, I als...
Self-education is power
During the last few decades, the politicization of education has changed its purpose from creating an informed citizenry and an educated workforce to ...
Blessed by two families
The year was 1993. I had just began my junior year at Lynchburg-Clay High School and for some reason the start of the school year seemed different. I ...
In need of a safety net
The young guitar player, Jim Lindsey, who was down on his luck, ran his fingers across the cold, hard bars of the Mayberry jail, looking out at Andy a...
Heartfelt thanks to kindergarten volunteers
My staff at the Hillsboro City Schools Early Childhood Center and I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the many volunteers who donated thei...
Whiteoak Softball travels to Lynchburg-Clay and picks up 14-9 win
DODSONVILLE — The Lynchburg-Clay Lady Mustangs varsity Softball team hosted the Whiteoak Lady Wildcats on Thursday at Lynchburg-Clay’s out...
Hillsboro Tennis at halfway point
The Hillsboro boys Tennis team has completed half of its 2019 schedule and is currently 8-3 overall and undefeated in FAC matches to this point. The I...
Hillsboro hosts home invitational
Girls from Fairfield, McClain, Hillsboro, Miami Trace, Eastern Brown and Washington compete in the girls 100-meter hurdles on Thursday at Hillsboro...
Barnes signs with Columbus State
Fairfield Senior Brianna Barnes signed today to play basketball at Columbus State University. Brianna has played basketball and volleyball at Fairfiel...
Cross County Bushido Karate Club success continues
Led by Black Belts by Katelin Heizer , Ariel Kibbey and Maxine Ludwick, the Cross County Bushido Karate Club competed in the Annual Way Warriors Karat...
Hillsboro baseball continues to win, beat Washington 7-1 and Jackson 1-0
HillsboroThe Hillsboro Indians entered play against the Jackson Ironmen on Wednesday at Shaffer Park in Hillsboro sporting an eight game win streak an...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Highland County employers earn safety award
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine and the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation (BWC) recenlty honored 16 local employers for reaching one year without workplac...
The Laurels honors volunteers
The Laurels of Hillsboro honored its most active volunteers during National Volunteer Week to lunch at LongHorn Steakhouse. Honored were Doris Randolp...
GMS Quiz Bowl/Quick Recall team wins league
The Greenfield Middle School Quiz Bowl/Quick Recall Team took first place in the Ross County League Tournament on April 13 in Chillicothe. “I am...
Historical society hosts annual Children’s Tea
Twenty-nine guests attended the Children’s Tea at the Highland House Museum on April 14, 2019. Sponsored by the Highland County Historical Socie...
Auditions for SSCC Theatre musical
The SSCC Theatre will hold auditions for the summer production of “9 to 5: The Musical,” based on the hit 1980 movie starring Dolly Parton...