BOE: Twice as many early voters compared to 2016
Fairfield closes temporarily
New road nearly done
Former LPD sergeant has case continued
Bright Local talks upcoming basketball season
- BOE: Twice as many early voters compared to 2016 - 8:26 pm
- Fairfield closes temporarily - 8:08 pm
- New road nearly done - 6:27 pm
- Former LPD sergeant has case continued - 4:49 pm
- Community answers call to support MHSmart - 1:23 pm
- Bright Local talks upcoming basketball season - 10:53 am
- Hillsboro City Schools reports first Covid case - 8:11 pm
- ‘Let your heart be lightened’: Fundraiser supports accessible mental health care - 5:42 pm
- In memory of Dixie Overstake - 5:12 pm
- Company helping community stay safe - 4:41 pm
- Dog Pound Pet of the Week - 3:34 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:12 pm
- Grants available to Highland County groups - 12:18 pm
- Highland Co.: 4 new Covid deaths - 7:16 pm
- L-C discusses quarantine - 6:14 pm
- Rebellion, a new jail, homecoming - 5:45 pm
- SSCC’s Clark part of 1st leadership academy - 1:31 pm
- In the kitchen with Sharon - 1:12 pm updated: 6:11 pm.
- Ballentine corn maze offers a few new twists - 7:09 pm
- Bright Local talks upcoming basketball season - 6:00 pm
- COVID-19 cases continue to rise in local schools - 5:36 pm
- USDA announces disaster assistance deadline - 12:25 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 11:37 am
- Parker Hotel site transferred - 7:48 pm
- Commissioners review COVID funding requests - 6:22 pm
Company helping community stay safe
Born of pandemic-related needs and a spirit of helping the community, Greenfield business Adient has stepped up to offer its services.The help has com...
Dog Pound Pet of the Week
This week’s Highland County Pet of the Week is Storm, a charming, mixed breed, medium-sized boy, who is more like a summer breeze than a real st...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:Oct 17ARRESTS/CITATIONSRobert Woodruff, 40, of Hillsboro, was cited for driving...
Grants available to Highland County groups
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, there are many needs facing Highland County’s communities. The Foundation for Appalachian Ohio’...
Highland Co.: 4 new Covid deaths
Four additional Highland County residents died due to COVID-19 as of Friday, Highland County Health Commissioner Jared Warner reported. Ohio Gov. Mike...
L-C discusses quarantine
A total of 70 Lynchburg-Clay students will return to school from quarantine between Monday and Wednesday next week, superintendent Brett Justice repor...
Tough times for huggers and kissers
For variety sake during recent times traveling my work roads, I’ll take a Sirius-XM jump from my usual sports-squawk stations to a country stati...
Spelling your way out of a competition
My 12-year-old daughter, the one who is nearly my height and much better at basketball than anyone in our family, was angry as she walked away from th...
Recovery in a dog-eat-dog world
Robert Reich, former secretary of labor, was once asked after his departure from government to reflect on the transition. He is alleged to have said t...
Mental health warriors: Accepting our new reality
Due to COVID, we are on the verge of a mental health epidemic. According to Hartford Health, “Experts call it the underlying crisis. While COVID...
Today I will get Blue again.Blue is the anxious Italian mastiff that I dog-sit on Wednesdays while his owner, Bill, works in the office. The new proce...
Sadness and nostalgic reflection
Even though I did not know her other than to say hello in passing, there was a moment of sadness, followed by nostalgic reflection, this week when The...
HMS girls capture FAC cross country title
The Hillsboro Middle School girls cross country team captured the Frontier Athletic Conference title Thursday while Hillsboro’s Taylor Thoroman ...
Fairfield dominates SHAC-leading Fayetteville
LEESBURG – The Fairfield’s Lady Lions volleyball team defeated the Fayetteville Lady Rockets in a Southern Hills Athletic Conference (SHAC...
Mustang boys, girls capture gold balls
DODSONVILLE – Both the Lynchburg-Clay boys and girls soccer teams claimed a coveted gold ball, symbolic of an undefeated season in Southern Hill...
Hillsboro defeats EC in straight sets
Tuesday was senior night for Hillsboro volleyball captain Julie Middleton (3), when the Lady Indians defeated East Clinton 25-15, 25-15 and 25-17. Mid...
Ohio High School Football Poll
DIVISION I1, Pickerington Central (15) 7-0 1732, West Chester Lakota West 7-0 1453, Lakewood St. Edward (2) 6-1 1274, Dublin Coffman (1) 7-0 1225, Cla...
Indians fall to Unioto in playoffs
CHILLICOTHE – The Hillsboro Indians traveled to Unioto High School on Saturday and battled the Unioto Sherman in the first round of the Division...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Penningtons celebrating 50 years
Tom and Marilyn Pennington of Hillsboro are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Tom and the former Marilyn Lewis were married on Oct. 24, 1960...
State FFA officer visits HHS freshmen
Every year a state FFA officer comes to Hillsboro High School and talks to the ag classes. This year Joe Helterbrand, the previous Hillsboro FFA presi...
Wanted: Reader recipes for Salt
The Times-Gazette is asking readers to submit their favorite recipes for a lifestyle magazine it is publishing.All recipes will be considered for publ...
Highland Health Providers adds doctor
Highland Health Providers Physicians for Women has announced the addition of Dr. Jennifer Schneidler to its experienced provider team.A board certifie...
Adena now offering flu shot clinics
Avoiding the flu this season takes one simple step, getting an influenza vaccine. Adena Health System offers many flu shot clinics, making it easy for...