SSCC: ‘A sense of community’
Cockrell 52nd FFL queen
Hillsboro in the dark, Caniff returns, the Y2K bug
The demolition begins
Fall festival underway
- SSCC: ‘A sense of community’ - 7:21 pm
- Cockrell 52nd FFL queen - 7:10 pm
- It’s high season for crashes involving deer - 7:00 pm updated: 7:04 pm.
- Hillsboro in the dark, Caniff returns, the Y2K bug - 6:53 pm
- The demolition begins - 6:29 pm
- November a full month at the library - 1:41 pm
- In the kitchen with Sharon - 1:30 pm
- Customary for the area? - 1:18 pm
- HDH elects new medical staff executive committee - 1:02 pm
- HDH elects new medical staff executive committee - 12:59 pm
- Fall festival underway - 7:48 pm
- Elks program helps students prepare for future - 7:02 pm
- Historic Leesburg fountain restored - 6:48 pm
- Greenfield gets $125K grant - 6:31 pm
- Adient joins Highland County Chamber - 1:39 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:12 pm
- Buildings to come down soon - 8:40 pm
- City receives EPA violation - 7:34 pm
- Improvements being made at county dog pound - 6:39 pm
- HCCAO: ‘People do have options’ - 6:18 pm
- Red Ribbon Week proclaimed in Highland County - 12:31 pm
- Avoiding senior citizen phone scams - 5:00 pm
- Wenstrup seeks re-election - 4:23 pm
- Ohio ‘Tobacco 21’ law takes effect Thursday - 3:57 pm
- MNB donates $1,500 to Hillsboro Elks - 1:05 pm
HDH elects new medical staff executive committee
The Highland District Hospital Medical Staff Executive Committee has changed hands after new elections appointed Dr. Jonathan Lampkin as secretary/tre...
Fall festival underway
Bainbridge’s Fall Festival of Leaves has been one of the more popular area festivals for years and that’s likely the reason the festival c...
Elks program helps students prepare for future
Elks member Dan Pierce called Harmony Lake “Hillsboro’s best kept secret,” and to keep everything looking nice, the local Hillsboro ...
Historic Leesburg fountain restored
Leesburg Area Historical Society President Kenny Worley announced that as of this week the reconstruction of a Women’s Christian Temperance Unio...
Greenfield gets $125K grant
Greenfield council members heard more good news regarding grant money for the village’s rail line at Tuesday’s regular meeting.City Manage...
Adient joins Highland County Chamber
The Highland County Chamber of Commerce welcomed new member Adient with a ribbon-cutting Tuesday.Adient is one of the top manufacturer’s of auto...
No newspaper? Say it can’t happen
It was disheartening to read a recent editorial page column about today’s decline in the number of newspapers, including the fact that some citi...
Just another ODE boondoggle
When I was a school superintendent I, like my peers, regularly received missives from the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) informing us about the la...
She was more than just a dog
The air has turned crisp as the sun rises and sets each day, and my yard is filled with leaves from a gigantic maple tree that stands behind my house,...
Voting is best with plenty of spoilers
It’s rare these days to watch a movie or TV show that hasn’t been ruined by spoilers. It seems like it takes more work to not know about s...
New twist in Ohio death penalty
Vicki Williams of Lima believes Cleveland Jackson showed little regard for her daughter, Leneshia, when he killed her in 2002. As for his death senten...
Why are young people so sad?
Statistics suggest that young people today suffer from mental health disorders like anxiety and depression like never before, and there is no reason t...
All-FAC girls volleyball, tennis
The Frontier Athletic Conference announced its all-conference athletes for volleyball and tennis on Oct. 15.Volleyball: Co-league Champions: Miami Tra...
Lady Indians seeked vengence
Greenfield- The McClain Lady Tigers(6-8-2) hosted the first ever girls soccer sectional tournament game in McClain history against rival school the Hi...
SHAC team and player results.
All conference athletes for the Southern Hills Athletic Conference for Lynchburg-Clay, Fairfield (Leesburg), and Whiteoak for soccer, cross country, a...
OHSAA football ratings
This Ohio High School Athletic Association released week eight football computer ratings.The Hillsboro Indians (3-4) are ranked 15th overall in region...
AP high school football poll
The Associated Press high school football pollDIVISION I1, Mentor (22)7-02282, Lakewood St. Edward6-11903, Fairfield (2)7-01704, Powell Olentangy Libe...
Fairfield boys claim SHAC cross country title
Results for Fairfield High School soccer and cross country events from Oct. 12.The Fairfield boys soccer was at home against Portsmouth for a sectiona...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
FFL queen’s farewell speech
Editor’s note — The following is a farwell speech written by outgoing Fall Festival of Leaves Queen Madison Hanks.“A crown worn on t...
Pheasants to be released at Fallsville
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Wildlife will be releasing ring-necked pheasants this fall at 24 of Ohio’s public hu...
New Vienna Community Church Fall Revival
The New Vienna Community Church has announced its fall revival with evangelist Dan Cook and gospel singer Nina Nash. The two services will be held Sun...
MNB donates to Canter’s Cave 4-H Camp
Merchant’s National Bank in Hillsboro recently made a donation to Canter’s Cave 4-H Camp. It will go toward the matching funds for a grant...
Searching for alternative agriculture income
If you are looking for additional income for your farm, you are not alone. Depending on your interests and time commitment availability, there are man...