Hillsboro highly recommends masks
Hanging up the scissors
County unemployment rate drops
CEO: HDH is at capacity
Highland County schools see more than 50 cases
- Hillsboro highly recommends masks - 8:20 pm
- Hanging up the scissors - 6:32 pm
- County unemployment rate drops - 6:14 pm
- Hillsboro man gets community control for meth - 6:07 pm
- Hillsboro Trick or Treat - 1:18 pm
- HILLSBORO P.D. REPORTS - 12:28 pm
- Hillsboro’s North East Street closed - 11:20 am
- CEO: HDH is at capacity - 6:12 pm
- Highland County schools see more than 50 cases - 5:56 pm
- ‘Mourning Emma’ calls - 5:13 pm
- Dog Pound Pet of the Week - 1:14 pm
- Highland Co. voting information - 1:06 pm
- Hillsboro library gets grant - 6:04 pm
- Tin can drive, Indian points, armory redone - 5:05 pm
- Highland County travel report - 3:02 pm
- In the kitchen with Sharon - 2:05 pm
- Matthews Young Agricultural Professional - 1:41 pm
- Teamwork rescues a stuck beagle - 10:54 am
- Local hospitals struggling - 8:49 pm
- Bingo for bacon - 7:36 pm updated: 7:45 pm.
- Countdown to Ohio deer season - 12:10 pm
- Farm Science Review featuring Highland Co. Fair - 10:56 am
- HIGHLAND COUNTY S.O. REPORTS - 10:37 am
- County planning more hot spots for libraries - 5:09 pm
- 2nd plea in Rhoden murders - 4:27 pm
Dog Pound Pet of the Week
Heidi, a bouncing bundle of brindle joy, is the Highland County Dog Pound Pet of the Week. Curious and playful, she’s a young short-haired mix, ...
Highland Co. voting information
The Highland County Board of Elections has announced that the deadline to register for the Tuesday, Nov. 2 general election is Monday, Oct. 4.The boar...
Hillsboro library gets grant
The Hillsboro Public Library is one of five recipients to be awarded grants from The Freedom to Read Foundation for Banned Books Week celebrations. Th...
Tin can drive, Indian points, armory redone
Editor’s note — We’re continuing our tradition of taking a look back each Saturday at some of the important, interesting or even odd...
Highland County travel report
The following construction projects are anticipated to affect highways in Highland County next week. All outlined work is weather permitting.NEW ̵...
Doctor went toward danger on 9/11
It’s 20 years later, but Dr. David Lamont describes it as vividly as if it happened yesterday.The Bath High School graduate was 27 and working i...
Invisible enemy in our midst
Prior to starting to medical school, I recall reading the phase, “May you be born during interesting times.”Like the vast majority of you ...
Remembering Sept. 11, 2001
I was on my way up the elevator at The Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C., heading for my office on the sixth floor of the Center for Public Po...
Your community needs your help
For the first time the local health systems across Athens, Fairfield, Gallia, Hocking, Jackson, Madison, Mason (W.Va.), Meigs, Noble, Pickaway, Ross, ...
No longer filled with stories
To me, “the farm” has always meant the farm where my mother grew up, one of 11 children. Every book I ever read that was set on a farm, an...
Characteristics of a hard worker
It was Labor Day last weekend in the United States, a time set aside as a federal holiday to consider the benefits of labor to our general well-being....
Local sports briefs
T-G has sports positionThe Times-Gazette is looking for someone interested in a part-time position covering Highland County sports a couple nights a w...
McClain 2nd, Hillsboro 4th
CHILLICOTHE — The Washington Blue Lion boys golf team continued defending its 2020 Frontier Athletic Conference title at the conference meet Mon...
Washington cancels Friday football game
After playing seven games during the COVID-shortened 2020 high school football season, the Washington Blue Lions (and every other team in Ohio) were h...
OSU defense must change
COLUMBUS — Ryan Day offered no specifics about what the next steps for Ohio State’s defense will look like but promised they will be a dep...
Fairfield linksters fall to EC
GREEN TOWNSHIP — Led by match medalist Nathan Ellis, the East Clinton boys golf team easily defeated Fairfield 195 to 214 Monday at Snow Hill Go...
Evelyn K. Corwin
Evelyn K. Corwin, 59, of Hillsboro, went to her heavenly home on Wednesday, Sept.8, 2021.Born on Nov. 17, 1961, she was the daughter of the late Josep...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Pictured (l-r) are the Highland County Junior Fair Dog Show Showmanship winners: Kaylei Sanderson, first, Senior Showmanship A; Emma Sanderson, first,...
Highland County Fair floral winners
Floral Design Best of Show winner Carol Gorby is pictured with her victory garden of dried vegetables at the 2021 Highland County Fair..Horticulture B...
Free virtual screening of ‘Modern Warrior Live’
A coalition of Columbus cultural institutions have joined forces to host a free virtual screening in the “National Veterans Film Festival Presen...
Joneses celebrate 50th anniversary
John C. and Diana L. Jones have announced their 50th wedding anniversary on Sept. 12, 2021. They were married at the First Presbyterian Church on Sept...
Burke’s Outlet celebrates its grand opening
Burke’s Outlet celebrated its grand opening Thursday with a ribbon-cutting with the Highland County Chamber of Commerce, along with employees, f...
Dog versatility winner
Emmy Hawkins won the dog versatility category during the dog show at the 2021 Highland County Fair. She is a member of the Mowrystown FFA Chapter. .ne...