‘Mighty hunters,’ dog thieves and bad harvest
‘Jumpstarting’ Rocky Fork flotilla
Bringing the churches together
Victim in fiery Highland County wreck identified
Cops: Sabina man caught breaking into Greenfield ATM
- ‘Mighty hunters,’ dog thieves and bad harvest - 6:00 am
- Thanksgiving sweet potatoes and cornbread - 6:05 pm
- Peterson recognizes McClain FFA on senate floor - 5:55 pm
- Auditions for ‘By the Bog of Cats’ Dec. 14 - 5:47 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 5:44 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 5:38 pm updated: 5:40 pm.
- ‘Jumpstarting’ Rocky Fork flotilla - 5:34 pm
- Bringing the churches together - 5:26 pm
- Victim in fiery Highland County wreck identified - 4:29 pm
- Cops: Sabina man caught breaking into Greenfield ATM - 2:41 pm updated: 6:57 pm.
- Highland Co. man arrested in Blanchester on meth warrants - 11:32 am
- There will be a Lions Club Candy Store in Hillsboro - 8:28 pm
- Greenfield man gets 3 years for stealing safe - 7:04 pm
- Ice causes local mayhem - 6:59 pm
- Grandmothers arraigned in court - 6:27 pm updated: 6:30 pm.
- Foraker, Trimble will be paved - 5:44 pm
- Hillsboro H.S. presents ‘Clue’ - 8:34 pm
- Hillsboro councilwomen speak out on city attitudes, meetings, flow of info - 7:27 pm
- The Times-Gazette seeks readers’ Thanksgiving stories - 7:06 pm updated: 7:09 pm.
- Hillsboro City Council votes to join Paint Creek Joint EMS/Fire District - 5:05 pm
- RFL grant headway creeps along - 4:53 pm
- Unidentified woman killed in fiery crash - 11:12 am updated: 11:40 am.
- ‘Just there to compete’ - 8:15 pm
- A family history of baking - 4:27 pm
- First snow hits Highland Co. since Feburary - 4:12 pm
Cops: Sabina man caught breaking into Greenfield ATM
A man who was reportedly caught with his hands inside of a Greenfield ATM is in jail on safecracking charges after police say he tore the money machin...
Highland Co. man arrested in Blanchester on meth warrants
Blanchester police say they arrested a man who was wanted on felony warrants from Highland County.At around 10 p.m. Thursday night, Officer Ian Courtn...
There will be a Lions Club Candy Store in Hillsboro
There will be a Lions Club Candy Store in Hillsboro this year.When the Hillsboro Lions Club closed the door on its more than 72 years of service to th...
Greenfield man gets 3 years for stealing safe
A Greenfield man was sentenced to three years in prison this week after he stole a 100-pound safe from a home where he was doing construction work ear...
Ice causes local mayhem
Icy conditions early Thursday morning resulted in school delays around Highland County and an advisory for drivers to watch out for slick roadways and...
Grandmothers arraigned in court
The first pair of six suspects arrested earlier this week in connection with the infamous Rhoden family murders in 2016 each had their first day in co...
You are really stupid
I was approached by a friend at a local restaurant recently who had a question regarding the subject matter I write about. His question, posed with th...
New column from an old friend
In Friday’s print edition of The Times-Gazette, we introduced a new feature. It’s an advice column from local real estate agent Randy Butl...
My brief, ill-fated political career
I had a lot of bad ideas in college.Many of them came about after a night of imbibing.Most of them were ill-fated attempts to impress a girl.All of th...
Attack of the Crosswick Monster
Crosswick, Ohio is a quiet village. Located just on the outskirts of Waynesville, Crosswick is paper town, a planned development that never quite took...
How dogs perceive the world
“Dog training affirms that his natural instincts and skills can be encouraged and developed,” Unknown.In my early years as a dog trainer, ...
New chapter for a radio legend
The late, great Walter Brennan related in his 1962 musical release “Old Rivers:” “How old was I when I first seen Old Rivers? I can&...
Fairfield boys 6th at State meet on Saturday
The Fairfield Lions cross country team made their way to National Trail Raceway in Hebron on Saturday and participated in the OHSAA State cross countr...
7 Hillsboro and 2 McClain football players selected as OPSWA Southeast All-District perfromers
The Ohio Prep Sports Writers Association released the 2018 Southeastern Ohio All-District Football Teams on Friday and Hillsboro had four players name...
Cross-County Bushido Karate Club travels to Jackson for tournament
The Cross-County Bushido Karate Club traveled recently to Jackson for a karate competition. Brown Belt Winners for CCBKC were Katelin Heizer who place...
Campbell County scheduled to make trip from Kentucky to take on Walnut Ridge in Ohio Valley Hoops Classic on Saturday Dec. 1 at Hillsboro High School
In the 2017 Ohio Valley Hoops Classic, the Campbell County Camels defeated Wilmington 72-59. The Camels went on to finish the season with a 29-6 recor...
12 Highland County athletes participate in senior all star soccer games at Zane Trace Sunday
Four local boys and eight local girls from Hillsboro, McClain, Lynchburg-Clay and Fairfield were selected as Southeast District senior all stars by me...
Ohio’s traditional deer-gun hunting season begins Nov. 26
Deer hunting is an extremely popular activity for sportsmen and women statewide, and Ohio’s white-tailed deer continue to provide hunters across...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Sizemore receives Focus on People Award
Tim Cross and Bill Bruns, co-owners of Earzlink Hearing Care, attended the 20th Annual Oticon Focus on People Award Ceremony in Orlando, Fla. Over the...
Boo-Fest bicycle prize unclaimed
Allison Cunningham was the winner of a drawing for a new bicycle held by Best One Motors in Hillsboro during Boo-Fest around the Highland County Court...
The 4-H program offers many projects that members can participate in. Take a moment to look over the list of projects available. If you have an area t...
Chatfield hosting Parent/Student Night
Chatfield College in Brown County is hosting a Parent/Student Night on Thursday, Nov. 15th from 6-8 p.m. in the Welcome Center on the St. Martin Campu...
NCB awards HHS $2,000 technology grant
National Cooperative Bank (NCB), has awarded Hillsboro High School a $2,000 technology grant for having the highest percentage of students complete th...
Comment period for SR 124 project near Sinking Spring
As part of the Ohio Department of Transportation – District 9 Planning Department, the district’s environmental office is seeking public i...