Chicken thieves, heat wave, and Walmart wanted
Highland County property taxes are due by Aug. 2
McKenzie leaving SSD post
SSCC, SSU announce new degree pathway in occupational therapy
NWS predicting ‘dangerous heat wave’
- Chicken thieves, heat wave, and Walmart wanted - 7:19 pm
- Highland County property taxes are due by Aug. 2 - 5:21 pm
- Elvis tribute band in Bainbridge - 4:49 pm
- McKenzie leaving SSD post - 2:47 pm updated: 6:32 pm.
- SSCC, SSU announce new degree pathway in occupational therapy - 2:33 pm
- In the Kitchen with Sharon - 12:58 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 12:29 pm
- SR 73 closed July 23-24 - 11:52 am
- NWS predicting ‘dangerous heat wave’ - 6:39 pm
- Wilkin-sponsored energy bill clears Ohio Senate - 5:40 pm
- Christmas in July through Saturday - 4:32 pm updated: 5:46 pm.
- Water issues addressed - 2:11 pm
- Rotary needs auction items - 7:32 pm
- County health survey now available online - 5:57 pm
- Greenfield seeks rail help - 5:47 pm
- High-speed chase leads to injury for Hillsboro man - 5:31 pm
- Census is chance to rally behind an accurate count - 2:21 pm
- Raises and new drug policy - 7:50 pm
- A wish come true for Lynchburg’s Olivia Furbee - 6:07 pm
- Back to School at SSCC - 5:22 pm
- Doorneweerd says she’s too busy living life - 5:07 pm
- Sci-Fi Saturday at Hillsboro library - 1:31 pm
- Wenstrup visits Rocky Fork Medical Center - 12:18 pm
- Hee Haw Show returns to Highland Co. Senior Center - 5:59 pm
- Cundiff’s Flowers reopens - 4:43 pm
Wilkin-sponsored energy bill clears Ohio Senate
The Ohio senate approved energy legislation Wednesday originally co-sponsored by State Rep. Shane Wilkin (R-Hillsboro) who said House Bill 6 “lo...
Christmas in July through Saturday
A number of area businesses have teamed up for a special, three-day shopping event called Christmas In July, which started July 18 and runs through Sa...
Water issues addressed
With the recent boil alert that came following a drop in water pressure caused by a power loss at the pump station, it was but another drop in the pro...
Rotary needs auction items
For most of the year the Greenfield Rotary Club spends its time helping others in the community. But one day a year — during its annual auction ...
County health survey now available online
Highland County Health Commissioner Jared Warner said the County Community Health Needs Assessment survey will enable health care providers to better ...
Greenfield seeks rail help
Improvements to a railroad line connecting Greenfield with Clinton County is vitally important to preserving jobs, according to Greenfield City Manage...
Lost at Fort Hill
Dear editor:Your column in which you tell of getting lost at Fort Hill really brought back long ago memories. I am now 98 and when two of our now grow...
New holiday will hang the moon
It’s time to give our national holidays an upgrade. Let’s make July 20 Moonwalk Day.July 20 is, of course, the day that man first walked o...
Live life to the fullest
This past Sunday, Mike Brown, pastor at Southside Praise and Worship Center in Hillsboro, taught on living life to its fullest. Believe me, this is a ...
It was the summer of ‘82
As I was talking to longtime local radio personality Herb Day this week about the new online radio station he has created, something he said especiall...
Flipping through a lifetime of clips
(This column brought to you by scissors.)Here’s something we should do more: Thank you for reading our newspaper.We also appreciate you reading ...
Be fair in administering policies of the school district
To Mr. Davis and members of the Hillsboro Board of Education:I was shocked when I read The Times-Gazette article about a recent FFA outing and learned...
Local sports briefs
Tigers Football CampThe Tigers Football Camp for sixth, seventh and eighth graders will be held from 6-8 p.m. July 22-25 at the McClain Practice Field...
Michigan favored over Ohio State by Big Ten media
Michigan was favored over Ohio State to win the Big Ten East division and go on to win the conference’s football championship game in a poll of ...
New faces, new questions for Ohio State this season
One of the Big Ten’s football coaches probably spoke for most if not all of his fellow coaches as I rode the elevator with him after the last da...
Local sports briefs
Tiger Basketball Mini-campsMcClain Tiger Boy Basketball Mini-Camps for boys entering grades 2-4 will be held July 16-18, from 10 a.m. to noon daily in...
Local sports briefs
Tiger basketball mini-campsMcClain Tiger Boy Basketball Mini-Camps for boys entering grades 2-7 will be held in the coming weeks. The camp for boys en...
A time to move on
In every walk of life there comes a time when a person realizes that it is time to move on from one thing or another, whether it is a job, relationshi...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Puckett places 2nd at junior national show
A member of the Hillsboro FFA recently attended the AJMAA (American Junior Maine Anjou Association) Jr. National in Des Moines, Iowa. Gavin Puckett sp...
Pet of the Week
Zeus is looking for his forever home after being surrendered to the Highland County Humane Society Animal Shelter by his previous owners due to health...
Solomon visits Hillsboro Rotary Club
Sigrid B. Solomon, district governor with the Rotary Club of Wilmington, was the guest speaker at this week’s Hillsboro Rotary Club meeting.Solo...
Female dog has been missing since July 4
Kien, a 14-year-old black female golden-doodle went missing the night of July 4 this year from West Prospect Road. Her family has had her since she wa...
Jr. Women’s Club awards scholarships
Three young women from Fairfield, Whiteoak and McClain high schools, respectively, shared in a total of $2,750 in scholarships awarded Saturday on the...
Local college news
The following information was compiled from various news releases.Humphries Ashland Dean’s ListMarissa Humphries of Hillsboro was named to Ashla...