Harshbarger’s ablaze and freed raccoons
‘Elvis’ coming to Hillsboro
Solar farms could help honey bees
UPDATED: Carver charged with murder in Greenfield homicide case
VFW post presents sheriff with check for $1,000
- Harshbarger’s ablaze and freed raccoons - 6:00 am
- ‘Elvis’ coming to Hillsboro - 7:37 pm
- Solar farms could help honey bees - 6:23 pm
- SR 124 will be closed - 4:36 pm
- Getting your home ready to sell - 4:09 pm
- UPDATED: Carver charged with murder in Greenfield homicide case - 3:42 pm updated: 8:02 pm.
- VFW post presents sheriff with check for $1,000 - 2:33 pm updated: 4:26 pm.
- In the Kitchen with Sharon - 1:48 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 12:37 pm
- They have arrived - 8:04 pm
- Magic Touch teams with massage therapist - 6:35 pm
- Rash of recent fires sees five in four days - 6:24 pm
- UPDATED: Person of interest in homicide case arrested in Dayton - 2:55 pm updated: 8:56 pm.
- Greenfield plan has five key focus areas - 9:08 pm
- Engineer briefs commissioners on projects - 7:42 pm
- Solar farm draws pros, cons - 7:41 pm
- Suspected heat lamp causes shed fire - 7:25 pm
- Throwback Thursday: Quarry question - 6:57 pm
- Man who wrecked Greenfield ATM gets ‘last chance’ - 6:55 pm
- Farm Bureau offering solar energy program - 2:47 pm
- Jones awarded prestigious Konneker Scholarship - 2:40 pm
- FINAL UPDATE: Victim in Greenfield homicide was shot 8 hours before death, official says - 11:59 pm updated: 7:03 pm.
- Board approves resignation - 8:39 pm
- Planning underway for annual radio-telethon fundraiser - 7:45 pm
- UPDATED: Fire extensively damages home on U.S. Route 50 - 5:20 pm updated: 6:39 pm.
They have arrived
Girl Scout cookies have arrived in Highland County. And while they won’t be carted to local business like they once were, they will be available...
Magic Touch teams with massage therapist
Massage is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension, according to the Mayo Clinic, and licensed massage therapist Sherri Mi...
Rash of recent fires sees five in four days
Thursday’s fire at an abandoned house on South East Street in Hillsboro marked the fifth time since Sunday that area firefighters have been disp...
UPDATED: Person of interest in homicide case arrested in Dayton
A person of interest in the homicide of a 33-year-old Wilmington woman was arrested Thursday evening in Dayton after authorities hunted him for three ...
Greenfield plan has five key focus areas
Five key strategic areas of focus — fiscal health; economic vitality; smart, customer-focused government; community engagement; and a safe and r...
Engineer briefs commissioners on projects
Highland County Engineer P. Dean Otworth met with commissioners Wednesday to discuss road improvement projects on tap for 2019, telling the board that...
It has yet to come true
Even though I am now a retired educator, I still try to stay abreast of the latest issues occurring in education. Toward that end, I will occasionally...
Let us pray about it
Most of us have been taught the concept of prayer since we were very young, whether we practiced it or not. Really, the act is quite simple, if perfor...
A skunky time of year
When the smell of road-killed skunks starts wafting through the air, it’s a sure sign it is that time of year — high school basketball tou...
Basic litter assessment … for dogs
“Why doesn’t he act the way he did when he was a puppy?” — John Preston SmithMany times, when purchasing a dog, folks do get t...
Help and hope for your nerves
A friend sat outside the school one day after recess, breathing hard, trembling, and the fear in his eyes was disconcerting. The other kids, his class...
It isn’t all about winning
I recently attended a Lynchburg-Clay girls basketball game at my alma mater. It was a classic battle between two of the most storied programs in their...
Zion’s freak injury ripples in basketball, business worlds
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — Soon after Zion Williamson’s shoe ripped apart, Nike’s stock price took a hit.The freak injury during one of the...
Whiteoak beats Portsmouth Notre Dame 48-33 to advance to Sectional Final
MCDERMOTT, Ohio — The Whiteoak Wildcats traveled to Northwest High School on Tuesday to take on the Titans of Portsmouth Notre Dame in a Divisio...
AP boys state basketball poll
The Top Ten teams in the Associated Press Ohio high school basketball poll with first-place votes in parentheses, won-loss record, and total points:DI...
Breeden finds success at Cleveland State
2016 Hillsboro High School graduate Hanna Breeden started her third season as a member of the Cleveland State Lady Vikings softball team on a high not...
Hillsboro advances to Sectional Final with 49-38 win over Miami Trace
(This story has been updated to reflect the correct score of the Indians’ second win over the Panthers as 42-38.)CHILLICOTHE — The Miami T...
Lynchburg-Clay boys basketball ends season with 55-22 loss to Piketon in Sectional Semi Final
WAVERLY — The Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs traveled to Waverly on Tuesday and battled the Piketon Redstreaks a Southeast Division III Sectional Semi ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Adena to hold free heart-to-heart talk
If you experience uneven heartbeats that last for several minutes, you could have atrial fibrillation (AFib). This is just one of the conditions Adena...
Butler Springs receives FAO Grant
The Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO) has announced the 2018 AEP Access to Environmental Education Mini-Grant recipients. This year, 16 grants wer...
Lillard speaker at Hillsboro FGBMFI
Steven Lillard will be the guest spaker at the Hillsboro FGBMFI (Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship International) Dinner Meeting on Saturday...
Adena sexual assault advocates support group
Adena’s Sexual Assault Survivor Advocates will host Helping Other Women (HOW), a peer-to-peer women’s support group for victims of sexual ...
Fauber district champion
The Fairfield FFA member Kylie Fauber. Kylie placed first out of 15 competitors at the District Creed Speaking Contest and now will move onto the stat...