Get in shape at any age
‘There is always a silver lining’
A house fire, new highway and weed raids
Ohio Open Doors coming to Highland Co.
‘Make it a great day or not’
- ‘There is always a silver lining’ - 7:12 pm
- A house fire, new highway and weed raids - 6:52 pm
- Hunter Chiropractic celebrates grand opening - 6:17 pm
- Highland County Travel report - 4:10 pm
- Weller’s Heating & Plumbing celebrates 75 years - 2:12 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 12:30 pm
- Ohio Open Doors coming to Highland Co. - 8:15 pm
- Cutie Pie & Pet Contest back for 24th year at fair - 7:09 pm
- ‘Make it a great day or not’ - 6:27 pm
- Gibson honored at GABP - 8:13 pm
- Women’s Hall of Fame inducts 3 new members - 6:51 pm
- RFL grant ‘very much alive’ - 5:54 pm
- Hope House offers hope - 9:10 pm
- Community Praise and Play Day program finalized - 7:32 pm
- HPD officer commended for helping driver - 7:02 pm
- Paint Valley ADAMH receives $573K in funding - 8:50 pm
- Bright Local seeks levy volunteers - 7:57 pm
- Texting and driving - 7:03 pm
- Crash closes U.S. Route 50 - 6:34 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 11:53 am
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 11:01 am
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 10:06 am
- Catfishing, jailbreaks and ‘making gestures’ - 6:01 am
- Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes from Highland County could be the gift of a lifetime - 8:08 pm
- Massie House celebrates opening near Belfast - 5:30 pm
Gibson honored at GABP
Heather Gibson is not a big baseball fan. But she said it was still a humbling experience when she was honored on the field Tuesday during pregame cer...
Women’s Hall of Fame inducts 3 new members
Three Highland County women now have their names enshrined with 110 others following Tuesday night’s induction ceremony for the Highland County ...
RFL grant ‘very much alive’
In a phone call with Department of Justice officials Tuesday, Highland County Commissioner Gary Abernathy said that the resubmitted budget for the Roc...
Hope House offers hope
A Bible passage on a sign in front of the Hope House Christian Counseling Center in Sinking Spring aptly describes its mission — “For I kn...
Community Praise and Play Day program finalized
Plans have been finalized for Community Praise and Play Day, which will be held from 2-9 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18 at the Sims Family Golf Center near Gr...
HPD officer commended for helping driver
Saying he always wants to “recognize members that go above and beyond,” Hillsboro Chief of Police Darrin Goudy presented Officer Clint Sha...
Does this sandwich make me look fat?
I would like to say that it’s just been in the last few years that my weight has become a concern for me, but I would be lying on two counts. Th...
Old car no longer driving me crazy
I’ve never been very good at long-term relationships.That’s not so much because of a lack of commitment on my part, but rather the paucity...
Calling it like I see it
Let me be clear. I want to be supportive of the president and his policies.As a farmer, we voted for the president because he purported to represent a...
‘Sweet Daddy’ visits White Tower
Sweet Daddy Siki wasn’t his baptized name, of course.We think it was Reginald.We also don’t know where or when he was born. Some say he ha...
Somebody stop me
My wife and I developed a terrible habit during the last presidential election. We spent countless hours watching the news channels — Fox News, ...
Ready for a new challenge
Many years ago when I was a college student trying to decide what I wanted to be when I grew up, I was originally majoring in education with hopes of ...
McClain boys golf team 2nd at Unioto Invitational August 11
McClain’s boys golf team traveled to Chillicothe on Saturday to participate in the Unioto Invitational at the Forrest Everhart Memorial Golf Cou...
Local sports briefs
Fairfield Lion Open scheduled for August 18The Fairfield Athletic Boosters will host the Fairfield Lion Open on Saturday, August 18, at Buckeye Hills ...
McClain girls golf team win first FAC match of the year
The first Frontier Athletic Conference girls golf match was held Thursday at the Franklin Valley Golf Course in Jackson and the Lady Tigers of McClain...
Ohio State loses either way in Meyer case
Right or wrong, Ohio State University’s reputation will be tarnished further next week when a special committee is expected to issue its finding...
McClain boys golf wraps up third match in three day to open season
The McClain boys Golf team capped a run of three matches in three days to open the 2018 Golf season on Thursday when they hosted Madison Plains at Buc...
Hillsboro boys basketball program hosts 9th Annual Alumni Golf outing at Hillsboro Elks
The Hillsboro High School boys basketball program hosted its 9th Annual Alumni golf outing at the Hillsboro Elks Golf Course on August 4, 2018. Twenty...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
New Market church had origins in 1834
A time in 1834, one that you can only assume began with jubilation, hand-clapping, song and thanksgiving, the first service of the New Market Baptist ...
NCB donates to homeless shelter
NCB recently donated $2,500 to the Highland County Homeless Shelter, which provides safe, temporary housing for homeless individuals and families and ...
Vendors invited to TSC Fall Farmers Market
Tractor Supply Company in the Hillsboro area is inviting all local growers, crafters and artisans to showcase their homemade and homegrown good...
Homeless shelter needs votes for $25,000
The Highland County Homeless Shelter needs your vote to help claim a $25,000 prize.Communities across the United States answered the call from State F...
Commissioners endorse Women’s Hall of Fame
The Highland County Board of Commissioners recently endorsed the 2018 Highland County Women’s Hall of Fame inductees. Being inducted this year a...