Swindles, brawls, booze and Greenfield news
Hillsboro LaRosa’s opens Monday
New crop duster plane in Highland County
Hanks Fall Festival of Leaves queen
Highland County emergency agency will discuss natural disaster plan
- Swindles, brawls, booze and Greenfield news - 6:00 am
- Hillsboro LaRosa’s opens Monday - 7:36 pm
- New crop duster plane in Highland County - 6:31 pm
- Hanks Fall Festival of Leaves queen - 1:34 pm
- Tim’s Chocolate Chip Cookies - 12:56 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 12:09 pm
- Fall Festival of Leaves officially underway - 8:23 pm
- Highland County emergency agency will discuss natural disaster plan - 7:45 pm
- Providing exciting opportunities for special children - 6:58 pm
- Middletown man gets 2 years for Highland County burglary - 6:41 pm
- Names released in WCH officer shooting - 3:06 pm
- 2-year extension pending - 7:25 pm
- Jury trial set in Clinton County vehicular homicide case - 7:17 pm
- Greenfield sees progress on blighted properties - 7:12 pm
- Flu season is here - 7:04 pm
- A once in a lifetime experience - 5:35 pm
- Commissioners declare Red Ribbon Week - 5:10 pm
- Specialists say Hillsboro test scores on the rise - 9:20 pm
- 16 chase Miss Leaves title - 8:34 pm
- Paint Creek reading, demolition topics at special Hillsboro City Council meeting - 7:15 pm
- Greenfield board accepts Wills’ resignation - 6:27 pm
- Afternoon of socializing - 5:27 pm
- Officer shot, man killed in shootout - 4:31 pm
- Serving up a ‘Taste of Highland County’ - 6:26 pm
- Senior center will host Halloween Health, Info Expo - 6:10 pm
Middletown man gets 2 years for Highland County burglary
A Middletown man was sentenced to two years in prison on Thursday in Highland County Common Pleas Court after he pled guilty to burglary in September....
Names released in WCH officer shooting
The names of those involved in Sunday’s gunfire exchange that killed a man and injured a deputy have been released by the Fayette County Sheriff...
2-year extension pending
The Highland County Commissioners said Wednesday that they are continuing to pursue a federal economic development grant for the Rocky Fork Lake area,...
Jury trial set in Clinton County vehicular homicide case
The case against a 20-year-old Hillsboro resident charged with vehicular homicide in Clinton County will go before a jury in January.During a final pr...
Greenfield sees progress on blighted properties
The Village of Greenfield administration has been working on addressing blighted properties in recent months, and is now beginning to see the fruits o...
Flu season is here
Debbie Iles, the new director of nursing at the Highland County Health Department, told The Times-Gazette that now is the time to get a flu shot.̶...
To all the women in my life
I’ve been blessed to be around some pretty amazing women throughout my life. They’ve all taught me at least a thing or two — and mor...
Don’t put that in your hair
I mentioned last week that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and I suppose I am fortunate to have so many wonderful memories of it. While some...
Please, lighten up folks
Today’s article marks my sixth submission to the Times-Gazette’s opinion page over about as many weeks.Throughout this time I have tried t...
Newspapers make a difference
I like the idea that National Newspaper Week and Great Books Week both happen on Oct. 7-13. Journalism has been famously – and accurately –...
Persistent prayer pays off
Airports regularly receive complaints about the noise of air traffic in neighboring communities.This year, Washington’s Reagan National Airport ...
Letter to the editor: Highland County judges say Issue 1 bad for Ohio
To the editor:Under the Code of Judicial Conduct, judges are not permitted to take positions on or speak with regard to elections. There is an excepti...
Hoops Classic has hosted 42 DI players
If you are interested in seeing some future Division I college, or perhaps NBA, basketball players up close and personal, you will have that opportuni...
Bosa makes tough but obvious choice
COLUMBUS — The surprise would have been if Nick Bosa had come back and played for Ohio State later this season.His announcement Tuesday that his...
Fairfield volleyball advances to sectional final match with straight set win over Eastern
The Fairfield Lady Lions volleyball team hosted Southern Hills Athletic Conference rivals the Eastern Lady Warriors on Tuesday in a sectional semi-fin...
Hillsboro stays at six in Region 11 in latest OHSAA football rankings
The Ohio High School Athletic Association released the official weekly football computer ratings Tuesday afternoon. The weekly computer ratings are re...
McClain can’t get past Washington on Friday
The McClain Tigers varsity football team traveled to Washington Court House on Friday to take on the Washington Blue Lions at Gardner Park but were un...
Southern Hills Athletic Conference releases All-League nominees
The Southern Hills Athletic Conference released the All-League nominees for boys and girls cross country, boys and girls soccer and volleyball.Below a...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Tigers Cubs capture Buckskin football title
The fourth and fifth grade students at Buckskin Elementary participated in a co-ed, round-robin intramural flag football tournament. The 2018-19 intra...
Garden club attends Region 16 meeting
The Region 16 of Ohio Association of Garden Clubs fall meeting was held Oct. 11 at the Fayette County Fairgrounds in Washington Court House. Carol Gor...
Barnett featured speaker at Hillsboro FGBMFI
The Hillsboro Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship International (FGBMFI) will hold a dinner meeting Saturday, Nov. 3 featuring pastor Dwight B...
Ackley new CFO at HDH
Highland District Hospital has announced the addition of Meghann Ackley as its new vice president of finance and chief financial officer.Raised in Hig...
Grooms earns national certification
The executive team at First State Bank has announced that Timothy Grooms, chief risk officer, was recently awarded the Certified Enterprise Risk Profe...