A 2nd Chance Pet of the Week
A return engagement
Kay first Oaks student awarded OU scholarship
Governor will visit Hillsboro
Looking for poll workers
- A 2nd Chance Pet of the Week - 3:23 pm
- National FFA Week saluted by commissioners - 1:27 pm
- Waw-wil-a-way DAR Chapter celebrating 125 years - 12:48 pm
- Chronic pain workshop in Highland County - 12:43 pm
- A return engagement - 7:35 pm
- Kay first Oaks student awarded OU scholarship - 6:13 pm
- Governor will visit Hillsboro - 5:54 pm
- Looking for poll workers - 5:13 pm
- Boil alert for parts of Hillsboro - 1:32 pm
- Everyone benefits from preventative health screenings - 8:26 pm
- Parker House’s long history - 5:56 pm
- DeWine talks agriculture - 4:50 pm
- ‘Crankshaft’ joins the comics page - 3:35 pm
- Dog Pound Pet of the Week - 2:34 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 11:36 am updated: 1:24 pm.
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 10:43 am
- A record-breaking career - 8:28 pm updated: 11:19 am.
- Springtime, the Black Bear and 8-track tapes - 6:31 pm
- Domestic violence gets man jail time - 6:09 pm
- Three-vehicle crash snarls U.S. 50 traffic Friday - 5:29 pm
- Felson Park will receive Gazebo, possibly more - 2:36 pm updated: 7:07 pm.
- Will I ever roll a perfect game? - 12:52 pm
- In the kitchen with Sharon - 12:40 pm
- HHS On Broadway is Saturday - 7:52 pm
- Hemp session part of Ag Business - 7:01 pm
Everyone benefits from preventative health screenings
In the spirit of American Heart Month, Highland County Health Commissioner Jared Warner weighed in on heart disease in Highland County.According to th...
Parker House’s long history
The site’s history dates back to 1806 and at one time it was the site of a saloon frequented for its apple brandy and wild game menu. But it has...
DeWine talks agriculture
Gov. Mike DeWine was the keynote speaker at this year’s Ag is Everyone’s Business event, held Monday morning at the Southern State Communi...
‘Crankshaft’ joins the comics page
If you like your newspaper’s comic strips locally sourced along with your produce, you’re in luck.Starting this week, The Times-Gazette is...
Dog Pound Pet of the Week
This week’s Highland County Dog Pound Pet of the Week is Deegan, a sweet, friendly mixed-breed. Less than a year old and about 35 pounds, he has...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:ARRESTS/CITATIONSNickolaus Garrison, 33, of Lebanon, was arrested for obstructi...
A bill that bites back
The Friends of the Highland County Dog Pound have submitted supporting testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee regarding Sentate Bill 205 for a Fe...
‘An awful lot of cheese’
My husband, Peter, likes buying in bulk.Peter hates paying shipping fees. He never wants to run out of anything and he loves a bargain. This is why we...
Goose bumps after 40 years
Forty years past, and the memories are still vivid.I do not remember exactly where I was on Feb. 22, 1980, but I remember practically holding my breat...
Three thoughts on gun control
They came.They talked.And they disagreed.That pretty much sums up the conversation about gun control that took place during the annual Associated Pres...
Patience young grasshopper
Writing isn’t something that I ever thought I would enjoy. I was just a sub-par English student throughout my school years. Grammar was always m...
Not sure it’s been a bad thing
The roof fell in on the church I started attending.The collapse occurred after I’d been coming only a couple of weeks. While I have not always b...
Ohio State’s Day get 3-year contract extension, salary bump
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ryan Day, who led Ohio State to a 13-1 record and a College Football Playoff appearance in his first year as head coach, i...
USA Today Top 25 Poll
The top 25 teams in the USA Today men’s college basketball poll, with first-place votes in parentheses, records through Feb. 23, points based on...
OHSAA Officials Hall of Fame
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Fifteen individuals have been selected for induction into the Ohio High School Athletic Association Officials Hall of Fame. The...
Los Angeles honors Kobe, Gianna Bryant with public memorial
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Mourners gathered Monday in downtown Los Angeles to say farewell to Kobe and Gianna Bryant, arriving hours before the start o...
Indians bowling to state
The Hillsboro Indians are having a great post season. On Friday, Feb. 21, they were crowned Division II, Southeast-East District champs.The Indians bo...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Lynchburg-Clay Elementary February Students of the Month
Lynchburg-Clay Elementary has announce its February Students of the Month. The following students were chosen by their teachers for being exceptional ...
Leesburg library’s latest
We are excited to once again participate in Fairfield Elementary’s Lions on Literacy being held on March 4 at 6 p.m. We will be giving out prize...
LaRosa’s gives $1,000 to Samaritan Outreach
Samaritan Outreach Services in Hillsboro was presented with a check for $1,000 from LaRosa’s on Tuesday. Samaritan Outreach Director Wade Hamilt...
Oaks students qualify for state competition
Laurel Oaks Business Professionals of America (BPA) students competed in research presentations and testing in finance, marketing, technology and mana...
McClain FFA team takes 1st in state
The McClain FFA Chapter’s ag communications team placed first at the Agricultural Communications State Contest. The team consisted of Aly Murphy...