HDH clarifies Covid testing
Highland County jobless rate down to 5 percent
The tale of Robert McKimmie
Ohio lawmakers pass bills to limit ODH
A 2nd Chance Pet of the Week
- HDH clarifies Covid testing - 6:19 pm
- Highland County jobless rate down to 5 percent - 2:41 pm
- The tale of Robert McKimmie - 1:03 pm
- Ohio lawmakers pass bills to limit ODH - 6:06 am
- A 2nd Chance Pet of the Week - 5:21 am
- Fairfield schools sees decrease in quarantines - 7:05 pm
- Greenfield school celebrate Thanksgiving - 5:57 pm
- County breaks 1,000 cases - 5:43 pm
- Greenfield School Board - 5:35 pm
- Pretrial for ex-Leesburg police officer - 5:06 pm
- Market beef tagging Dec. 5 - 11:44 am
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 11:26 am
- Dog Pound Pet of the Week - 5:53 pm
- Curfew, mass gathering orders detailed - 5:52 pm
- Homeless shelter spreading the Christmas spirit - 4:45 pm
- WC ending semester mostly online - 4:02 pm
- McClain FFA members help serve others - 2:58 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 12:05 pm
- L-C has no contingency plan - 6:40 pm
- Health officials struggle with increase caseloads - 5:56 pm
- Greenfield woman gets prison on drug charges - 5:34 pm
- Mighty hunters, corn huskers, ‘The 10 Commandments’ - 5:30 pm
- Final Covid funding requests OK’d - 5:14 pm
- Adena tightening visitor restrictions Monday - 2:19 pm
- In the kitchen with Sharon - 1:37 pm updated: 1:38 pm.
Pretrial for ex-Leesburg police officer
A continuance in the case against a former Leesburg police officer was granted Tuesday by Hillsboro Municipal Court Judge David McKenna.In the pretria...
Market beef tagging Dec. 5
For Highland County Jr. Fair exhibitors planning to show a market steer and/or market heifer at the 2021 Highland County Jr. Fair, tag-in will be Satu...
Hillsboro Police Department reports
The Hillsboro Police Department has released the following information:Nov. 22OFFENSE/INCIDENTAt approximately 7:54 p.m., the police department respon...
Dog Pound Pet of the Week
This week’s Highland County Dog Pound Pet of the Week is Lady, a young, mixed-breed sweetheart. Lady is very affectionate and well-mannered. Lad...
Curfew, mass gathering orders detailed
The Ohio Department of Health (ODH) released two health orders this month, which have since gone into effect: the “stay at home tonight” o...
Homeless shelter spreading the Christmas spirit
Fifty red and green shoeboxes bearing the Operation Christmas Child logo have been packed and delivered by the Highland County Homeless Shelter, and e...
A slice of Election Day pizza
The first Tuesday after the first Monday in November means something special to everyone working in a newspaper newsroom.It means Election Day pizza a...
Five pounds of canine cuteness
There are few things that can excite an 11- and 9-year-old more than the impending arrival of their first pet that doesn’t live in a fish bowl b...
Some things may be clearing up
Mark Twain once said, “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean ...
It’s time for the turmoil to end
At a local Veterans Day event this week, someone made the comment that, despite all the turmoil in our nation these days, more than anything else, we ...
Nothing like freshly baked bread
“I’m going to bake bread!” my husband, Peter, announced.Inwardly, I said, “Oh, no.”Baking bread is not easy — unti...
Would the WPA work today?
Whatever side you may be on, the whole idea of giving or receiving a gift brings joy. It makes us feel special when someone thinks of us enough to giv...
OHSAA reaffirms commitment to winter sports
In a memo to its member schools on Wednesday, the Ohio High School Athletic Association reaffirmed its position that the upcoming winter sports season...
Burns, Eubanks 1st team All-SE District
Hillsboro senior offensive lineman Zach Burns and McClain junior linebacker Tyler Eubanks have been named Division IV first-team members of the 2020 S...
Hughes District Coach of the Year
Whiteoak Cross Country Coach Doug Hughes has been named Southeast District Div. III Coach of the Year. This was Mr. Hughes’ 17th season as White...
TYBO has provided $60K for Greenfield schools
The Tiger Youth Basketball Organization (TYBO) has begun its program for the year, which leads to many exciting events down the road. Between a recrea...
Mustangs fall 2-1 in regional semifinal
LYNCHBURG — While Election Day votes are still being counted, it was quite easy to tabulate what the Wheelersburg Pirates (20-0-0) would need to...
Lady Mustangs advance to Elite Eight
WHEELERSBURG — The Lynchburg-Clay Lady Mustangs moved to within one win of a trip to the state tournament with a convincing 5-0 victory Tuesday ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Hillsboro FFA participates in soil judging
Six members from the Hillsboro FFA chapter recently competed in the statewide virtual soil judging contest. The Agricultural Soils CDE is an education...
November is Family Caregiver Month
National Family Caregiver Month is celebrated each year in November and is a time to recognize and honor family caregivers across the country. It offe...
Leesburg’s Sanders shows grand champion female
Maplecrest Phyllis 9043 won grand champion female at the 2020 North American International Livestock Exposition (NAILE) Super Point Roll of Victory (R...
Sisters Primitives opens in Leesburg
The village of Leesburg held a ribbon-cutting for Sisters Primitives on Friday, Nov. 13. The new downtown business is located at 3 S. Fairfield St. in...
West wins Lions’ Peace Poster Contest
The Lynchburg Lions Club and Lions Clubs International sponsored their annual Peace Poster Contest this fall. The Lynchburg club encourages middle sch...