It takes a village
Catching the “Christmas Comet”
Crew responds to tractor fire
Indoor athletic complex is open in Mount Orab
Lynchburg man found guilty of felonious assault; claims to be ‘Cain’ in testimony
- It takes a village - 8:30 pm
- Catching the “Christmas Comet” - 6:31 pm
- In the Kitchen with Sharon - 6:07 pm
- Crew responds to tractor fire - 4:45 pm
- Leesburg decorating contest winners announced - 12:44 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 12:19 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 12:14 pm
- Indoor athletic complex is open in Mount Orab - 8:19 pm updated: 12:58 pm.
- Lynchburg man found guilty of felonious assault; claims to be ‘Cain’ in testimony - 7:35 pm
- Wenstrup and Portman praise farm bill passage - 6:37 pm
- Greenfield hires ‘consultant’ - 6:12 pm
- Hillsboro VFW presents check to Highland County Peace Officers Assn. for annual Shop-With-A-Cop program. - 4:03 pm
- Old papers find new life - 8:55 pm
- Commissioners approve funding for land bank - 6:21 pm
- Holsinger sentenced to life in Ross County after Greenfield, Clarksburg murders - 5:31 pm
- Torrey interim minister at Hillsboro Presbyterian - 3:17 pm
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 2:16 pm
- Man sentenced for high speed chase near Leesburg - 1:12 pm
- Hillsboro parliamentary teams compete - 7:16 pm
- McClain FFA sponsors Secret Santa - 7:06 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 6:58 pm
- Ensuring every Highland County vote is counted - 6:47 pm
- Hillsboro City Council approves temporary budget - 6:07 pm
- ‘Pogonip’ not harmful, but beautiful - 6:05 pm
- Giving the gift of life - 5:29 pm updated: 5:35 pm.
Wenstrup and Portman praise farm bill passage
Saying that the farm bill addresses declines in farm stability and adds reforms to the food stamp program, Ohio Rep. Brad Wenstrup told The Times-Gaze...
Greenfield hires ‘consultant’
A Wilmington man with nearly four decades of educational experience has been named to temporarily replace superintendent Joe Wills upon his retirement...
Hillsboro VFW presents check to Highland County Peace Officers Assn. for annual Shop-With-A-Cop program.
Hillsboro VFW Post 9094 presented a check for $250 Thursday to members of the Highland County Peace Officers Association in support of this year’...
Old papers find new life
Old copies of a former Hillsboro newspaper will soon be available for viewing by the public thanks to a donation from the Highland County District Lib...
Commissioners approve funding for land bank
Though they have abandoned the long-delayed Rocky Fork Lake area grant, Highland County commissioners Wednesday demonstrated their commitment to the s...
Holsinger sentenced to life in Ross County after Greenfield, Clarksburg murders
Jeffrey Ryan Holsinger will not see the outside of a prison for the rest of his life.Holsinger, who shot two people to death and nearly killed another...
Reflections on Christmas season
Frigid temperatures and endless commercials and advertisements tempting us to max out our credit cards before the great deals pass us by are just subt...
Where did we get sidetracked?
It seems rather odd, I often think, that despite all the measures taken to ensure our safety these days, we are probably more at risk now than we have...
A short life worth long remembering
Most of us will spend our entire lives attempting to accomplish some sort of deed or deeds that will have people talking about us long after our time ...
Will Amazon in Wilmington help Highland County?
When my family and I moved to Leesburg a few years ago, I remember being outside one night and looking straight up into the sky. It was amazing. Now, ...
Santa lingers an extra moment
Oh, man. Oh yeah. My dogs are barking,” actor John Candy portraying Del Griffith, told Steve Martin, in “Planes, Trains and Automobiles,...
Remembering Bush’s visits to Ohio
George Bush sometimes joked on the campaign trail that he was part-Ohioan. His father was born in Columbus, and his grandfather died in the state capi...
Hillsboro ladies unable to keep up with Miami Trace
The Hillsboro Lady Indians visited Miami Trace High School Wednesday night for a Frontier Athletic Conference match-up.The game marks the final time t...
McClain moves to 6-0 on the season
The McClain Tigers boys basketball team played for the final time in the Panther Pit against the Miami Trace Panthers Tuesday evening.The Panthers hel...
Lynchburg-Clay wins at Hillsboro 63-61
The Hillsboro Indians welcomed the Lynchburg-Clay Mustangs to Hillsboro High School on Friday for a cross-County rivalry matchup that went down to the...
Hillsboro fall to Washington 67-53
The Hillsboro Indians hosted the Washington Blue Lions on Friday at Hillsboro High School in a matchup of Frontier Athletic Conference boys basketball...
Local Sports Briefs
Elks national hoop shoot Dec. 15 at HHSThe Elks National Hoop Shoot is a free throw program for youth ages 8-13. Hillsboro High School will host the e...
Lynchburg-Clay girls handle Southeastern 62-32
DODSONVILLE — The Lynchburg-Clay Lady Mustangs improved to 5-0 this season with a convincing 62-32 win over the Southeastern Lady Panthers on Th...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Laurel Oaks named Purple Star school
Laurel Oaks Career Campus in Wilmington is one of two career centers in Ohio named Purple Star schools by the Ohio Department of Education.State Super...
L-C Elementary December Students of the Month
The following children were chosen as Students of the Month at Lynchburg-Clay Elementary for December. The students were chosen by their teacher for d...
Program for addicted mothers, babies recognized
Adena Regional Medical Center (ARMC) has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Centers for Medicare and Medicaid ...
Santa’s Workshop at SSCC
A Santa’s Workshop will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, at Southern State Community College’s Fayette Campus, 1270 U.S. ...
Chatfield College forms drama club
On Friday, Dec. 7, Chatfield College presented Lessons and Carols to the public in the Sacred Heart Chapel on the St. Martin Campus in Brown County.Le...