Sharing ways to stay busy
The Times-Gazette postpones 32nd Homemakers Show
Ohio primary election deadline change
Census deadlines extended
Who is essential?
- Adena use of COVID-19 testing explained - 1:17 pm
- Sharing ways to stay busy - 7:14 pm
- The Times-Gazette postpones 32nd Homemakers Show - 6:56 pm
- Ohio primary election deadline change - 6:00 pm
- Don’t recycle if you have a fever - 12:36 pm updated: 4:52 pm.
- Census deadlines extended - 7:54 pm
- Who is essential? - 7:26 pm
- Shelter faces challenges - 7:04 pm
- Lucky buck night and turning off the TV - 6:54 pm
- ‘Spread love, not virus’ - 6:34 pm
- HCHS seeks hall of fame nominations - 12:35 pm
- Health dept. addresses COVID-19 myths - 8:47 pm
- FRS Transportation remains open - 8:39 pm
- Stuffed animals brighten spirits in Lynchburg - 7:08 pm
- Serious about park closures - 5:35 pm
- OSHP using common sense - 8:08 pm
- Officials ask volunteers to sew masks - 7:14 pm
- COVID-19 tops brief agenda for commissioners - 6:18 pm
- Shoring up Parker House - 6:10 pm
- A 2nd Chance Pet of the Week - 5:44 pm
- Wanted: Cabin fever memories - 5:35 pm
- GEVS meeting held via video - 7:23 pm
- State parks close further - 7:12 pm
- Health centers receive grant - 7:04 pm
- First day under stay at home order goes well - 6:58 pm
‘Spread love, not virus’
Caleb Gregory stands next to sidewalk art his wife, Jessie Gregory, recently created in front of their house in the 300 block of South High Street in ...
HCHS seeks hall of fame nominations
The Highland Count Historical Society is seeking nominations for the 2020 Highland County Hall of Fame.The society recognizes citizens who have lived,...
Health dept. addresses COVID-19 myths
The Highland County Health Department hosted a Facebook Live town hall on Thursday to answer community members’ questions and address myths circ...
FRS Transportation remains open
At FRS Transportation, it’s “business as usual,” although the agency is taking precautions to ensure passengers’ and drivers...
Stuffed animals brighten spirits in Lynchburg
When Hannah Simpson saw a Facebook post on a mothers’ group page about displaying teddy bears as a way to entertain children during the state...
Serious about park closures
In light of Tuesday’s announcement by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources regarding closure of all campgrounds, cabins, restrooms, playgrou...
Talking Football and Stratego
Assuming you have had your fill of coronavirus reading, I thought it might be time to delve into a lighter topic. So, board games, or games similar to...
Getting out of and into the groove
When we think back on COVID-19, one word that will rise to the top of memories is “disruption.”I don’t know anyone whose life hasn...
What to do to occupy yourself
OK, we’re all going to be hunkered down for a very long time, in all likelihood a very, very long while. Sorting your socks, playing Scrabble, r...
Don’t tell me what to do
We humans are complex creatures. We want what we want, we want to do what we want to do, and we resist anything to the contrary.One of my grandchildre...
Waiting for the sun
An enormous box arrived at our house. It was filled with food and cleaning supplies and, yes, toilet paper. I feel guilty. But the truth is, these sup...
Standing in their shoes
It has been a strange and trying week for all of us, and as time progresses for the foreseeable future it is certain we will deviate even further from...
Baseball and softball sign-ups
Baseball and Softball Sign-upsAt Richard Shaffer ParkSign-ups began on March. 29.Both Boys and Girls Sign-up will take place at the concession stand a...
Tokyo Olympics rescheduled for July 23-Aug. 8 in 2021
TOKYO (AP) — The Tokyo Olympics will open next year in the same time slot scheduled for this year’s games.Tokyo organizers said Monday the...
This Date in Baseball
March 311961 — The Pacific Coast League’s proposal to use a designated hitter for the pitcher was rejected by the Professional Baseball Ru...
Opportunity, tradition drew Watts to OSU
COLUMBUS — The story of how 4-star cornerback Ryan Watts got to Ohio State might be called The Anatomy of a Flip.Watts, from the Dallas suburb o...
Stadiums deserted as virus postpones opening day
There was no crack of the bat, no footlong hot dogs, no umpire’s cry of “Play ball!” as opening day came and went for Major League B...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
AAA7 still providing services
The Area Agency on Aging District 7 (AAA7) reminds the public that AAA7 and its network of service providers are considered part of the essential serv...
Adena offering virtual visits during pandemic
As safety precautions increase during the COVID-19 pandemic, Adena Health System is now offering patients the temporary option of a virtual visit to c...
Beam receives AgGrad award
AgGrad has announced that Highland County Extension educator Brooke Beam is one of the winners of the inaugural AgGrad 30 Under 30 Awards, a program c...
OSU Extension offering virtual education
Ohio State University Extension is offering a new virtual education program for the agricultural community.“Agriculture and Natural Resources Ma...
Lynchburg-Clay M.S. Honor Roll
Lynchburg-Clay Middle School has released its honor roll for the third nine-week grading period of the 2019-20 school year. ** — Denotes all A...