‘The Greatest Generation’
Care-A-Van offering COVID-19 vaccines
‘Always believe abuse survivors’
Wilkin seeks land bank partnership
County COVID-19 cases drop
- In the kitchen with Sharon - 5:03 pm
- Highland County travel report - 3:43 pm
- ‘The Greatest Generation’ - 2:49 pm
- Care-A-Van offering COVID-19 vaccines - 2:46 pm
- HIGHLAND COUNTY S.O. REPORTS - 12:30 pm
- Bootleggers, a man hunt and roadside parks - 11:53 am
- ‘Always believe abuse survivors’ - 11:52 am
- Wilkin seeks land bank partnership - 6:35 pm
- County COVID-19 cases drop - 6:22 pm
- Hillsboro man facing charges of false alarms - 3:42 pm updated: 5:02 pm.
- Born in England, Downing became local photographer - 1:22 pm
- Ralston sentenced Monday - 11:52 am
- GREENFIELD P.D. REPORTS - 11:49 am
- Honoring 9-1-1 dispatchers - 6:20 pm
- Annual fishing derby ‘is as Greenfield as it gets’ - 5:56 pm updated: 3:32 pm.
- Is it trash or a treasure? - 5:40 pm
- City to receive $1.29M - 7:59 pm
- County’s Covid numbers lowest since November - 6:31 pm
- Child abuser get 11 years - 4:45 pm
- View Story - 4:25 pm
- Vaccination site in Wilmington closed this week - 3:29 pm
- HILLSBORO P.D. REPORTS - 12:47 pm
- Escapee helper sentenced - 6:02 pm
- County still behind on shots - 5:14 pm
- Some General Assembly members not setting example - 3:12 pm
Hillsboro man facing charges of false alarms
BLANCHESTER — A Highland County man faces charges relating to allegedly making false alarms to Blanchester police.At around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday, B...
Born in England, Downing became local photographer
Editor’s note — The following is a story compiled by Christopher S. Duckworth, a longtime Ohio Historical Society employee with family tie...
Ralston sentenced Monday
One of the two women involved in the September 2020 escape attempt by Nickolaus Garrison, 34, Hillsboro, received a three-year community control sente...
GREENFIELD P.D. REPORTS
The Greenfield Police Department has released the following information:April 14ARRESTS/CITATIONSSylvia Cutler, 32, of Piketon, was arrested for a vio...
Honoring 9-1-1 dispatchers
National Public Safety Telecommunications Week is being observed April 11-17, and Highland County 9-1-1 Coordinator Sgt. Scott Miller briefed the High...
Annual fishing derby ‘is as Greenfield as it gets’
Organizers of the Daryle Unger and Peanut Fishing Derby in Greenfield are looking for donations for the dinner and auction being held on Saturday, Apr...
Police still the good guys
Being a police officer is one of the most stressful and hazardous occupations in our nation. Aside from active duty military, I can think of no other ...
Time for a new monument
Angels of the battlefield. Many of us are familiar with the wartime heroics of the likes of Clara Barton, Mary Seacole, Florence Nightingale and Rober...
Standing tall for generations
The tree was lying on its side when I got to it.It was a nice-looking pine tree, fluffy and full and as tall as me. The strong winds coupled with some...
The enigma is the thrill seeker
I can remember it as clearly as if it were last summer rather than a summer more than a half century ago. I was 17, a soon-to-be senior, and I really ...
The ups and downs of trampolines
My father-in-law really likes to surprise our children with big gifts.Or perhaps he just delights in putting me through the misery of building those b...
Huddled masses yearning to breathe
First of all, is it a crisis? The New Yorker Magazine, on April 5, put it this way: “The word ‘crisis’ is both an overstatement and ...
Wildcats clobber Dragons 22-0
WEST UNION — The Whiteoak Wildcats climbed above the .500 mark as they hammered West Union 22-0 Wednesday in a Southern Hills Athletic Conferenc...
McClain girls 1st at R.L. Davidson Invite
The McClain girls finished first out of 17 teams and the Hillsboro girls were runners-up Thursday at the R.L. Davidson Invitational at Southeastern Hi...
Malaki Branham named Ohio’s Mr. Basketball
In the final game of his high school career, St. Vincent-St. Mary’s Malaki Branham showed the best parts of his game.Not only did he turn in a s...
Scott, Badgley named All-Ohio
Hillsboro’s Ryan Scott and McClain’s Bryson Badgley have been named to the Ohio Prep Sportswriters Association 2020-21 All-Ohio Basketball...
Pirates sweep HHS in tennis
The Hillsboro boys tennis team suffered a 5-0 setback Tuesday against Wheelersburg.Following are the match scoresFirst singles — Logan Davis (W)...
Whiteoak’s Barnett, Ashbaugh named All-Ohio
Whiteoak’s Landon Barnett and Bradley Ashbaugh have been named to the Division IV Ohio Prep Sports Writers Association All-Ohio Boys Basketball ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Wellness Wednesdays offered by AAA7
A weekly livestream focusing on wellness opportunities through the Area Agency on Aging District 7 (AAA7) is featured each Wednesday on the AAA7 Faceb...
McClain FFA enjoys annual paintball event
Twenty-nine members of the McClain FFA Chapter participated on April 11 in the chapter’s annual paintball event. They traveled to Lvl Up Sports ...
Barrett guest speaker at Hillsboro FGBMFI
The Hillsboro Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship International (FGBMFI) will meet at 7 p.m. Saturday, May 8 at the Common Ground Community Ch...
Sinking Spring fish fryThe Sinking Spring Community Church Men’s Group will hold its 23rd annual fish fry from 4-7 p.m. Saturday, April 17 in th...
Garden club plant auction
The Hillsboro Garden Club held its first meeting of the year on March 23. Twelve members attended and discussed plans for the new year.The county fair...