For the second time in two weeks a bomb threat has been found at the Hillsboro Middle School.
Superintendent Jim Smith said a threatening note was found after school had dismissed Wednesday and that it was written on a wall in a girls’ restroom. Smith said the note said that there was a bomb in the boys restroom downstairs in the middle school.
Smith said that classes had already been dismissed for the day and there were around 10 students in the building taking part in various after-school activities. They were evacuated from the building.
The Hillsboro Police Department was called to the school, officers checked the building, nothing indicating a bomb was found, and the students were allowed to re-enter the building around 3:30 p.m. after being outside for about 15 minutes, Smith said.
Two other notes threatening the presence of a bomb in the school were found during school hours on March 18. One of the notes was found on the floor outside a restroom in the middle school and another message was found inside the restroom. That incident led to students and staff being evacuated from both the high school and middle school for more than two hours.
Smith said a middle school male student is believed to have left those messages and that the student is coming in for an expulsion hearing next week.
Reach Jeff Gilliland at 937-402-2522 or on Twitter @13gillilandj.