New Morrow Bobbitt Cemetery marker in Lynchburg


Boys Scouts and others are pictured at a ceremony Saturday dedicating a new marker for the Morrow Bobbitt Cemetery located in the village of Lynchburg. The new stone/plaque is in honor of those buried there from the 1800s. The Lynchburg Historical Society, BLOOM, and others donated the funds to make the marker possible. The plaque reads: This cemetery is named after Almerin Morrow and James Bobbitt, land owners. It is believed to have been in use since 1817, although in 1954, monuments documented deaths from 1827-1877. Seventy graves were documented at that time. Pioneers of this community included Abernathy, Burton, Chaney, Clark, Davis, Dinning, Duvall, Graham, Grahm, Hall, Hendrickson, Hunter, Knott, Malone, Melode, Melon, Mathers, Melson, Morrow, McKibben, Nichols, Noble, Peale, Smith, Spees, Thompson, Troth, VanMeter, VanMetre, Walker, Woodrow.


Boys Scouts and others are pictured at a ceremony Saturday dedicating a new marker for the Morrow Bobbitt Cemetery located in the village of Lynchburg. The new stone/plaque is in honor of those buried there from the 1800s. The Lynchburg Historical Society, BLOOM, and others donated the funds to make the marker possible. The plaque reads: This cemetery is named after Almerin Morrow and James Bobbitt, land owners. It is believed to have been in use since 1817, although in 1954, monuments documented deaths from 1827-1877. Seventy graves were documented at that time. Pioneers of this community included Abernathy, Burton, Chaney, Clark, Davis, Dinning, Duvall, Graham, Grahm, Hall, Hendrickson, Hunter, Knott, Malone, Melode, Melon, Mathers, Melson, Morrow, McKibben, Nichols, Noble, Peale, Smith, Spees, Thompson, Troth, VanMeter, VanMetre, Walker, Woodrow.

Boys Scouts and others are pictured at a ceremony Saturday dedicating a new marker for the Morrow Bobbitt Cemetery located in the village of Lynchburg. The new stone/plaque is in honor of those buried there from the 1800s. The Lynchburg Historical Society, BLOOM, and others donated the funds to make the marker possible. The plaque reads: This cemetery is named after Almerin Morrow and James Bobbitt, land owners. It is believed to have been in use since 1817, although in 1954, monuments documented deaths from 1827-1877. Seventy graves were documented at that time. Pioneers of this community included Abernathy, Burton, Chaney, Clark, Davis, Dinning, Duvall, Graham, Grahm, Hall, Hendrickson, Hunter, Knott, Malone, Melode, Melon, Mathers, Melson, Morrow, McKibben, Nichols, Noble, Peale, Smith, Spees, Thompson, Troth, VanMeter, VanMetre, Walker, Woodrow.
http://www.timesgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/2017/11/web1_Bobbit-pic-1.jpgBoys Scouts and others are pictured at a ceremony Saturday dedicating a new marker for the Morrow Bobbitt Cemetery located in the village of Lynchburg. The new stone/plaque is in honor of those buried there from the 1800s. The Lynchburg Historical Society, BLOOM, and others donated the funds to make the marker possible. The plaque reads: This cemetery is named after Almerin Morrow and James Bobbitt, land owners. It is believed to have been in use since 1817, although in 1954, monuments documented deaths from 1827-1877. Seventy graves were documented at that time. Pioneers of this community included Abernathy, Burton, Chaney, Clark, Davis, Dinning, Duvall, Graham, Grahm, Hall, Hendrickson, Hunter, Knott, Malone, Melode, Melon, Mathers, Melson, Morrow, McKibben, Nichols, Noble, Peale, Smith, Spees, Thompson, Troth, VanMeter, VanMetre, Walker, Woodrow.

http://www.timesgazette.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/2017/11/web1_Bobbit-pic-2.jpg