Hillsboro City Council hears first reading on Paint Creek legislation
Jury finds Hillsboro man guilty of possession
Holsinger faces death penalty
Hillsboro Christmas parade rescheduled for 6 p.m. Dec. 16
- Hillsboro City Council hears first reading on Paint Creek legislation - 9:46 pm updated: 11:37 am.
- Parade rescheduled - 6:58 pm updated: 11:37 am.
- Jury finds Hillsboro man guilty of possession - 5:38 pm updated: 11:37 am.
- Former Hillsboro bus driver dies in crash - 3:16 pm updated: 11:37 am.
- Willians Highland SWCD Employee of the Year - 1:30 pm updated: 11:37 am.
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 1:13 pm
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 1:06 pm updated: 2:00 pm.
- Holsinger faces death penalty - 12:45 pm updated: 11:37 am.
- Highland County Sheriff’s Office reports - 11:56 am
- Hillsboro Christmas parade rescheduled for 6 p.m. Dec. 16 - 5:58 pm updated: 6:01 pm.
- His scorebook is closed - 8:09 pm
- Lakeside recovery facility to open in Rocky Fork area - 6:44 pm
- Goverment drops plans to go after Schlichter - 5:42 pm
- Father, son charged with felonies - 5:26 pm
- SR 73 shut down north of Hillsboro after accident, downed utility lines - 3:29 pm
- Davis honored by Ohio Farm Bureau - 2:32 pm
- Greenfield Police Department reports - 11:57 am
- Hillsboro Police Department reports - 11:56 am
- A festive weekend - 8:50 pm
- Helping addicts find hope in Highland County - 7:20 pm
- Coffey voices concern over utility ‘deals’ - 7:08 pm updated: 7:09 pm.
- Man injured after truck rolls - 6:32 pm
- Man wanted in 2 counties - 2:29 pm updated: 8:47 pm.
- Visitors Bureau holding tagline, logo contests - 7:28 pm
- Habitat for Humanity of Highland County awarded $4K for home - 6:20 pm
Hillsboro Christmas parade rescheduled for 6 p.m. Dec. 16
Due to inclement weather and poor road conditions, the Christmas parade scheduled for Saturday evening, Dec. 9, has been postponed by the Hillsboro Up...
His scorebook is closed
After nearly six decades, Galen Neal said he decided not long ago he had closed his basketball scorebook for the last time.It all started with the 195...
Lakeside recovery facility to open in Rocky Fork area
A lakeside home in the Rocky Fork Lake area will soon be a faith-based haven for women seeking recovery from drug addiction, coordinators said Friday....
Goverment drops plans to go after Schlichter
COLUMBUS — The government says it is dropping plans to go after retirement funds for an ex-Ohio State and NFL quarterback who’s serving pr...
Father, son charged with felonies
A father and son from California who at one point were believed to be living in Greenfield have been arrested by Clinton County authorities, and are a...
SR 73 shut down north of Hillsboro after accident, downed utility lines
SR 73 north of Hillsboro was shut down for some time Thursday night after a vehicle apparently struck a utility pole, causing utility lines to fall ac...
A last look at Hillsboro City Council races
Now that the results are final after the validity of provisional votes was determined, let’s take a last look at the outcome of Hillsboro City C...
Where could that thing be?
Running, or more accurately slowly jogging, up and down a basketball court while officiating some youth games on a recent Saturday I caught a familiar...
We remember Lee Hendee
Is Seneca Falls, New York, the inspiration for Bedford Falls, the fictional mill town setting for “It’s a Wonderful Life,” Frank Cap...
Can’t afford Christmas? You’re not alone
A friend posted on social media that her family cannot afford a Christmas tree, and feeling depressed, said she cannot afford Christmas this year. Ano...
The Hounds of the Road
Natural Bridge is nestled in the mountains and rests within a gorge in Rockbridge County, Va. It’s midway between Lexington and Roanoke, and har...
A forward-looking project that’s already paying dividends
A great example of a forward-looking project that originally brought ridicule but is already proving its worth is the Hobart-Carl Smith Drive road.The...
Hillsboro hosts Paint Valley in girls basketball
The Hillsboro varsity girls basketball team hosted the Paint Valley Lady Bearcats on Thursday at Hillsboro High School, the Lady Indians won by a scor...
Hillsboro hosts McClain for first home swim meet of the season
The Hillsboro swim teams hosted their first home meet against McClain at the Highland County YMCA on Tuesday, Dec. 5.In the boys competition, McClain ...
McClain ladies ‘play best game of season’ fall to Lady Panthers 49-39
The McClain Lady Tigers hosted the Miami Trace Lady Panthers on Wednesday night in a losing effort at McClain High School as they fell to 0-4 on the s...
Hillsboro travels to Georgetown and wins 53-48
Hillsboro’s varsity boys basketball team traveled to Georgetown on Wednesday and defeated the G-men 53-48 to improve to 3-0 on the season.The In...
Lynchburg-Clay continues to bowl at high level early in the season
(Editor’s Note: Information for this story was provided by Lynchburg-Clay Bowling coach Shawn McLaughlin)The Lynchburg-Clay boys and girls bowli...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
DeAtley 9th in state interview
On Dec. 2, Mowrystown FFA member Zachary DeAtley went to Ohio State University to participate in the FFA State Job Interview CDE, designed for FFA mem...
Richey selected for KFC scholarship
This year, 500 restaurant employees at KFC restaurants across the country will receive more than $1.2 million in college tuition assistance from the K...
SSCC faculty members honored for excellence
Two faculty members of Southern State Community College were presented recently with 2017 Faculty Excellence Awards at a banquet hosted by the Southwe...
St. Mary Catholic School adds playground
Saint Mary Catholic School celebrated the completion of its playground last month with the students, parents and staff. The playground has been a visi...
New counseling services offered in Hillsboro
In an effort to fill a significant local need, a group of mental health professionals are now offering counseling services in Highland County.As part ...